Anyone sent 8x to HTC?

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone got any knowledge of HTC repairs?

My power button has started to not function correctly and i have to press the button quite a few times to get any response (annoying when you want to lock/unlock the device)

HTC can collect my 8x and send to their repair centre, but wondered if they actually repair it or send out a replacement due to it being a sealed body?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Not speaking from experience, but unibody phones can be repaired. There is a chance HTC might just replace it if that option is more feasible for them.

Either way, your personal data should not be on the device when you send it to another party. Hard reset beforehand (yeah, unfortunately those game saves will be lost).

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to HTC before about an issue with my 8x (I found out later was a Microsoft issue and not an HTC issue), and the rep said that they try to repair first. So most likely they will attempt to repair it first and if they can't they will probably replace it. But they factory reset it regardless so remember to back up everything. :)

zumo2013

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My HTC 8x randomly died yesterday. This had happened before but, the old POWER+VOLUME+CAMERA button combination brought it back to life.

However,this time this would not work, so I decided to contact HTC as I am not in a contract, phone was bought straight out.

They said they would pick the phone up free of charge etc, but i need proof of purchase, which I do not have.

After a long debate and how I stated it was their product, she agreed she would check with their engineers to the phone being in warranty.

I know fine well it is as they can check via the IMEI number, so do not let them brush you off!

She came back to me and said with it being a new phone they can take it without proof of purchase.

Anyway the phone was collected today, and i am just awaiting confirmation they have received it.

Lets see how long it takes them to come up with a resolution.

Anybody had experience of the time scale?

Thanks

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had issues with my first 8x pre portico - But I insisted that I needed a phone for work and could not just send it in for repair - eventually they sent out a new one - I say eventually as it was a few weeks but the phone had just been released and they had stock issues at the time.

They sent me out a new one to my workplace via courier and picked up my old one the following day.

Sharukh Bhoelan

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
just send my phone to HTC since my screen got internal cracks and the unibody had a strange crack by those speaker holes. Does anyone know how long HTC holds the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon