Is there anyone out there who has the same issue? 8x boot loop.

TeineWonder

May 15, 2013
Visit site
PLEASE BARE WITH ME ON THIS LONG POST! Just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced the same thing? I thought my phone flat out died because it wouldn't turn back on so I left it for a week after trying to do the hard reset all day.

Last night I threw it on the charger and the red light started to flash with the battery icon (red) on screen with the cross going through it.
- Blank screen, vibration, three red flashes, blank screen, vibration (loop)
I left it for about 10 minutes and came back to:
- Blank screen, vibration, white HTC quietly brilliant screen (which lasted about 3 seconds) then blank, vibration (loop)
I tried the hard reset which took me to a screen with my mobile provider logo (TELSTRA) and the red charger light came on, it lasted about 5 seconds. I tried the hard reset again and again, then I tried pressing the VOL UP, VOL DOWN, POWER, VOL DOWN over and over again while it was on the Telstra screen. The blue windows screen appeared and then my phone was on! YAY for about 5 more seconds, the charger icon would show it was charging then it wouldn't and I would still be pressing the combination of the hard reset and once I let go,
-Blank screen, vibration, white HTC screen, blank (loop)

Tonight, it freezes on the Telstra logo screen if I'm trying the hard reset - no longer goes any further as it did lastnight and earlier today.

I don't know what else to do? I didn't purchase insurance and the first 28 days after purchase to return the product is long over. The shop (Allphones) will charge me to have it examined ummm, no thanks! What a waste of a phone, money and time!

Really just want to throw this phone at the wall right now! :angry:

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how your carrier works, but it should be under warranty for 1 year and u should be able to get a replacement. A return would be beyond the window but not replacements.

TeineWonder

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought my phone outright and it was unlocked to any network so I used my existing account with Telstra with this phone. I asked if I could get a replacement but I didn't pay for insurance and I signed an agreement stating I could only return the phone within 28 days after the purchase :-(

xDRAHx

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
try a new charger i had similar problem where my factory charger stopped charging phone after 2 months bought a cheap charger phone started working/charging fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss