VERY Quiet speaker on 8X

GarrettSR5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got my 8X when it was first released back in November.
Now I don't talk on the phone very much but when I do I notice the speaker is extremely quiet. Not on speaker phone, just regular phone call. Like so much to the point where if I am driving and have the windows open even slightly I Can't hear or if there is any sort of ambient noise I have to push the phone to my ear uncomfortably.
Is this something that I can get a replacement for? Or am I SOL?

Thanks

GarrettSR5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This one?

heit.jpg

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've got this exact problem. In calls I really struggle to hear the other party, and if there is the slightest background noise there is no chance. Using headphones is incredibly loud so the problem must be with the earpiece speaker.

I don't appear to have the option for 'Hearing Aid'. What have others done to clean the earpiece speaker?

Isopropyl alcohol? A little pin through the speaker holes? Blown air? Cleaner ears?!!

rdef

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I've got this exact problem. In calls I really struggle to hear the other party, and if there is the slightest background noise there is no chance. Using headphones is incredibly loud so the problem must be with the earpiece speaker.

I don't appear to have the option for 'Hearing Aid'. What have others done to clean the earpiece speaker?

Isopropyl alcohol? A little pin through the speaker holes? Blown air? Cleaner ears?!!
Mine did this over time as well. The little holes where clogged. Couldn't even see the charging light. A good cleaning helped a lot.

cheddarheader

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I used a tac and just sort of dug the crusty stuff out. I can hear again! Thanks!

Had this phone issue with mine after a year of great sound. I tried the tac and it worked great. I can hear again. It didn't look dirty until I starting using the tac. Definitely give it a try! Worked wonders for me!

N1520

May 29, 2014
Visit site
get a tooth brush and give the grill soft hits. You will see sh** flying out of the grill. It's a problem with all HTC phones. I do have HTC one M7, same thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon