GDR2 Update for 8X

AlbCof

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
When I play music, each song at the end is garbled. Nothing to do with network problems, because it is always for each song. Regardless of the day.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Today I copied some mp3 files to my phone and every file appears twice in the music player now. Every second shows an error message when I try to open it. Multiple rounds of deleting and restarting didn't help.

Never had such a problem before the update.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Today I copied some mp3 files to my phone and every file appears twice in the music player now. Every second shows an error message when I try to open it. Multiple rounds of deleting and restarting didn't help.

Never had such a problem before the update.

didn't this had something to do with XBOX cloud sync? Check your settings... I've read this somewhere before - it was active by default, I had to disable it myself.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
didn't this had something to do with XBOX cloud sync? Check your settings... I've read this somewhere before - it was active by default, I had to disable it myself.

Well, the option was on. Turning it off and rebooting didn't help so far, but maybe I have to copy it again.

Still, wouldn't that mean I have a new/not fixed bug on my phone I have never encountered before since the update?

X-box music certainly doesn't "know" these files as they are a program from our national radio station.

Shaikh Aaftab Ahmed

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
HTC 8Xs locking up after GDR2 update? Numerous reports say yes | Windows Phone Central

For some of us the phone went dead in 1 or 2 days after the GDR2 update ...
did someone here faced the same problem as described in the article , also noticed many users getting their handsets stuck / freeze / bricked while playing music and for me while watching movie .
somewhere the bug is connected to audio or video department , maybe after adding a radio feature or as u guys noticed with beats audio ....

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if thats what really triggers it? I've been listning to music for a solid 12+ hours with beats audio enabled, used radio for an hour and watched some video's on mytube.

I have the 16 GB version on 3G in the Netherlands. Perhaps its related to specific models? Like the first batch? People should somehow try to figure out. Just like the "peelers", which was a bad batch of some sort, this is probably just like it.

icet69

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
When I listen to Audiobooks the volume is changing every few seconds. When the speaker pauses a second the volume increases after the pause till the next pause is coming. It is confusing. Maybe a matter of noise cancelation.

xerxesrem

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Guys?
I dint dont receive any update yet :(
Using htc 8x by t-mobile.
Im on san diego. Any? I wanna have problem like you crashing phones :D please rply :(

filskov

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Am I seriously the only one who has recieved this update and gotten a phone that works a lot worse than it did before? :(

1) The smoothness has went down dramatically. It lags when "opening" big or small programs (such as Persons), the slide effect halts every once in a while - also when returning to the home screen.

2) There is a delay when pushing the "on/off" button. It doesn't react instantly anymore as it used to.

3) When using Spotify it halts/pauses several times during every single song. Less than a second, but it doesn't matter if it's saved as an offline playlist. Sadly, because of the breaks, it adds the "fade-in" after each break, which makes Spotify a (bigger than before - the app is not very good) pain in the *** to use. The music played through the music player still works ok - but it I do wish I could get rid of that fade-in...

Anyone else experinced any of this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes