GDR2 Update for 8X

icet69

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
3) When using Spotify it halts/pauses several times during every single song. Less than a second, but it doesn't matter if it's saved as an offline playlist. Sadly, because of the breaks, it adds the "fade-in" after each break, which makes Spotify a (bigger than before - the app is not very good) pain in the *** to use. The music played through the music player still works ok - but it I do wish I could get rid of that fade-in...

Anyone else experinced any of this?

This fade in is also a problem listening audiobooks. This update is useless!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
3) When using Spotify it halts/pauses several times during every single song. Less than a second, but it doesn't matter if it's saved as an offline playlist. Sadly, because of the breaks, it adds the "fade-in" after each break, which makes Spotify a (bigger than before - the app is not very good) pain in the *** to use.

Yes, annoying as hell.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone's "Other" go down with the new update?

No. Mine is still stuck at 4.38GB. And the HTC "Make More Space" app is absolutely useless except it now shows me temporary files which, when you press it, does absolutely nothing. So, I uninstalled it for a second time, to make more space. Thanks HTC.

jonda082

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Am I seriously the only one who has recieved this update and gotten a phone that works a lot worse than it did before? :(

1) The smoothness has went down dramatically. It lags when "opening" big or small programs (such as Persons), the slide effect halts every once in a while - also when returning to the home screen.

2) There is a delay when pushing the "on/off" button. It doesn't react instantly anymore as it used to.

3) When using Spotify it halts/pauses several times during every single song. Less than a second, but it doesn't matter if it's saved as an offline playlist. Sadly, because of the breaks, it adds the "fade-in" after each break, which makes Spotify a (bigger than before - the app is not very good) pain in the *** to use. The music played through the music player still works ok - but it I do wish I could get rid of that fade-in...

I have also noticed all the problems you describe. All of them are really anoying!

Elena Cvetinovska

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I got the update 2 days ago and since that when I press the home screen button almost never gets me there. Instead, random applications or contacts open and close for more than a minute. Also for some reason 3G is not active anymore. Anyone experiencing the same problems?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Guys?
I dint dont receive any update yet :(
Using htc 8x by t-mobile.
Im on san diego. Any? I wanna have problem like you crashing phones :D please rply :(

The update supposedly starting rolling out to T-Mobile customers this past Monday, but I haven't heard a single report of anyone actually receiving it. The 8x support page on T-Mobile's website still shows the most recent available update as being the one from January, and the reps on their forums have zero information about it. What a mess. T-Mobile strikes again...

Stu Malin

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Got the update Friday, was all good, listened to some music this morning and it suddenly bricked. Raised a ticket with HTC and waiting for their response but going by other forums on here, last chance is to wait for battery to completely drain 92-3 days as phone is inoperable) and try charging :(

icet69

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I noticed a gap in Whatsapp of about 10 minutes in receiving messages and problem receiving calls. The signal was perfect. There are still volume changing problems listening audiobooks and I am afraid of that brick problem.
I changed from android and I fell this piece of **** is miles away from my old android phone. I write this message from my old phone and I am happy that everything is working well.
I cant believe that microsoft with that straight hardware rules and less system options still having such problems.
Good luck guys with your HTC 8x

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Am I seriously the only one who has recieved this update and gotten a phone that works a lot worse than it did before? :(

1) The smoothness has went down dramatically. It lags when "opening" big or small programs (such as Persons), the slide effect halts every once in a while - also when returning to the home screen.

I thought I would leave it a few days before commenting and I conquer with the laggyness. Things are definitely not as slick and buttery smooth as they were. For example, when accessing the Phone Storage on several occasions, it's actually timed-out and returned to the Start Screen. Other times it just appears to hang during the menu transition attempting to show the storage breakdown. There are other odd slowdowns and jittery transitions between menus that are no longer smooth.

icet69

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
One tip to all 8x Users. Never ever upgarde to gdr2 and if you already did sell the phone before you get a useless brick and a lot of discussions with your dealer about warranty and stay 4 weeks without a phone.
I had the same problem and sucessfully sold this piece of .....
Sorry but thats the truth

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Relax! Not every 8x on gdr2 is going to brick. In fact, mine was one of the first which received the update and no single problem so far.

wunderhund

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
...Things are definitely not as slick and buttery smooth as they were... Other times it just appears to hang during the menu transition attempting to show the storage breakdown. There are other odd slowdowns and jittery transitions between menus that are no longer smooth.

2) There is a delay when pushing the "on/off" button. It doesn't react instantly anymore as it used to...

...Anyone else experinced any of this?

I only purchased my HTC 8x two weeks ago, so I only had it a week before the GDR2 was downloaded and installed. (unlocked, international c620e in USA with AT&T) I noticed some laggy behavior in WP8 on the phone before the update, but now it is everywhere with GDR2: stutter/hesitation/laggy behavior with transitions, sending email, people hub -- Not all the time, but frequently many of the standard WP8 effects are not smooth. Very disappointing coming to a faster phone with more memory from a Samsung Focus WP7.5 which had none of these basic OS render issues.

Are there any particular apps which give the OS problems that I should know about? Would a reset help with these issues?

Cheers.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you reset the phone by holding the power button down until it reboots? After GDR1, my phone was acting up and I called HTC and was told to try and it seemed to help, at least in my case.

wunderhund

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you reset the phone by holding the power button down until it reboots? After GDR1, my phone was acting up and I called HTC and was told to try and it seemed to help, at least in my case.

Thanks -- I have tried that. I've had two hard freezes similar to what others have been complaining about since the GDR2 update, as well. Holding down the button brought the phone back to life and I've been 'soft' resetting it regularly. Mind you, I have noticed the laggy OS behavior occasionally, not all the time -- could be something running in the background.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Data sense is carrier dependant still so even though its now enabled with gdr2 the carriers still have to allow it. Im on the Beta for the O2 version of data sense and its pretty good and very helpful when im tethering my RT. Maybe start petitioning your carriers to sort it out.

Do you mean the O2 App? if so its not data sense it just show data, text and minutes usage. The reason why it needs carrier implementation is data compression hence the claim they made (something like) 52% more browsing with data sense enabled on a capped data tariff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander