HTC 8X battery drained and won't keep a charge.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So just last night my HTC 8X died. I thought I might of broken it. But there was no physical damage done to it. I tried putting it on my wireless charger and the black screen would turn off and on. Also it would vibrate off and on. After that I decided to plug it in with the charging cable. It did light up with the HTC screen then went straight to the low battery charging symbol. I left it like that for a while last night. It didn't seem to make any progress what so ever. I tried turning it on and it wouldn't. I then plugged it in again and then it kept starting up and dying at the HTC screen. So I gave up last night. I unplugged it because I wasn't sure what it was going to do if I left it alone. So here I am trying to charge it again this morning. The last thing I did before putting my phone in my pocket last night was UNOFriends. I was pretty sure I closed it. But I remember my phone getting quite hot while playing it. Maybe that contributed to the quick battery drain. Because it had at least over half the battery charged. But manage to quickly drain somehow without me knowing. If you have any ideas to help get my 8X charging and up and running again it would be greatly appreciated. If I can't get my phone working by 11:30 central time. I am going to try taking it to Verizon to see if they can help. Otherwise I'll probably need to talk with HTC to get a replacement.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried doing a soft reset by holding down the volume down key and power key until you feel the phone vibrate?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Tried that with the cable plugged in. It rebooted and went back to the low battery charging screen. It has been charging for at least 1 hour and 45 minutes. I then proceeded to try it without the cable plugged in it didn't do anything it just stayed off.

Amal Francis

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Tried that with the cable plugged in. It rebooted and went back to the low battery charging screen. It has been charging for at least 1 hour and 45 minutes. I then proceeded to try it without the cable plugged in it didn't do anything it just stayed off.

Exact same issue here too... It should actually show !
See this video :-

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have tried doing this. I was about to get the lighting and gear. But that was with the power button volume down and camera. I have tried doing the way in the video. But once I hit the power button down again It turns off and I don't get a chance to hit volume down. I think maybe it's because it is plugged in. But it won't do anything if it is unplugged.. I'll get trying. But it looks like i'm stuck.......

Amal Francis

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have tried doing this. I was about to get the lighting and gear. But that was with the power button volume down and camera. I have tried doing the way in the video. But once I hit the power button down again It turns off and I don't get a chance to hit volume down. I think maybe it's because it is plugged in. But it won't do anything if it is unplugged.. I'll get trying. But it looks like i'm stuck.......

Its the same issue for me too....

Not sure if this is a solution, i am going to try it anyway :- How to: Flash original ROM for bricked HTC 8X after updating GDR2 | Tung's Blog

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Bummer... I hope it works for you. I called Verizon. I am still under manufacturer warranty until mid November. They are shipping a new phone for me tomorrow morning. First replacement of this phone. I am bummed that this happened. I still love this phone though. Here's hoping my next 8X won't die! LONG LIVE MY BLACK HTC 8X. lol

Amal Francis

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Also thanks to the both of you for your suggestions and help! Windows phone central has got a great community! :)
You are most welcome... I am a total noob at this... Just learned about these stuff googleing since i encountered the issue... Now i have end up in decision to flashing ROM :p

I hope you get a replacement device, any way from my experience so far WP8 sucks big time... Guess what crashed the OS? I simply installed the language pack for speech tools and i was greeted by :-( at reboot.... Silly nah?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
oh, haha gotcha. I hope you can get it working. WP8 is actually a pleasant and enjoyable OS in my opinion. It doesn't lag. But when it crashes. IT definitely crashes. And that is really silly I would never think that would of crashed it. Best of Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon