05-04-2014 06:49 PM
31 12
tools
    You should talk to HTC support team by chat or helpline number - 1800 266 3566‎
    I have used their "help by email" option, they never replied.
    I have finals for the next 2 weeks...after that I will try doing a factory reset and HTC chat. At this point I'm thinking I'll probably get rid of it anyway, as I'm eligible for an upgrade through AT&T now.
    04-29-2014 10:51 AM
    I would get a larger 8X in a heartbeat if I could be guaranteed that there would be no SIM card errors, no sound issues (stuttering), no more other storage issues, SD card support, and no more can't send SMS issues. Other than that, I'm good! Oh, and if T-Mobile can guarantee updates... They never released gdr3 for the 8x!
    04-30-2014 11:30 AM
    I love my 8X's size and speed. I've always found the screen to be quite good. "I don't like this trend of Always make phones larger rargh!" that everyone does -- this one is just the right size.

There are a few things they need to fix:
    • SIM ERRORS!
    • The 'wake up' button is too recessed but also too easy to hit -- with the phone in my pocket, the folds of my pants tend to turn the phone off.
    • Put wireless charging into ALL models of the phone, not just one carrier. I have a VZW phone *specifically* because of the wireless charging and I love it.
    • Ideally, put all colors to all carriers, too. -- I like the greenish yellow phone from AT&T the best, but it doesn't have wireless charging. :(

That's it for me, really. If the screen were a *little* bigger, that'd be fine, but I *love* the form factor as it is. Not too big, not too little. Snappy, loud, okay camera... It's one of the best phones I've ever owned, SIM errors aside.
    peacefulberry likes this.
    05-02-2014 02:05 PM
    I love my 8X's size and speed. I've always found the screen to be quite good. "I don't like this trend of Always make phones larger rargh!" that everyone does -- this one is just the right size.

There are a few things they need to fix:
    • SIM ERRORS!
    • The 'wake up' button is too recessed but also too easy to hit -- with the phone in my pocket, the folds of my pants tend to turn the phone off.
    • Put wireless charging into ALL models of the phone, not just one carrier. I have a VZW phone *specifically* because of the wireless charging and I love it.
    • Ideally, put all colors to all carriers, too. -- I like the greenish yellow phone from AT&T the best, but it doesn't have wireless charging. :(

That's it for me, really. If the screen were a *little* bigger, that'd be fine, but I *love* the form factor as it is. Not too big, not too little. Snappy, loud, okay camera... It's one of the best phones I've ever owned, SIM errors aside.
    The SIM card issues is a big issue for me, because I can't depend on it. Also, we were out today and my phone just randomly cut off. It was almost fully charged! What's the point of having a phone if I can't use it? Its such a beautiful phone...these issues really are a shame. :( Also, T-Mobile doesn't support Windows Phones. They have not upgraded it beyond the gdr2... Another issue for me.
    05-03-2014 04:35 PM
    Did you try to put a scotch-tape under the simcard? To make it thicker
    05-04-2014 06:10 PM
    I have used their "help by email" option, they never replied.
    I have finals for the next 2 weeks...after that I will try doing a factory reset and HTC chat. At this point I'm thinking I'll probably get rid of it anyway, as I'm eligible for an upgrade through AT&T now.
    Did a factory reset and then contacted HTC by chat. It is a hardware issue and I'm out of warranty. Surprise! The CSR actually told me it would probably cost about the same to get a new phone as if I would send it to HTC to be repaired, without the hassle of mailing it and being without a phone.

I wonder what will be the next problem to go wrong with this phone?
    05-04-2014 06:49 PM
31 12