8x problems

TheFancyPanc

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I love the size and especially love the color of my HTC 8x but I tire of its problems and unreliability.

WiFi- I've had unsatisfactory WiFi performance from day one. It connects just fine but almost everytime I use it I have to turn the antenna off and on again or it becomes slow and unresponsive like its not even connected. It also has poorer WiFi reception than older devices I have in my home.

Durability- I'm not perfect and I've let my 8x fall a few times but NOT once in the last few months and that's when my problems started. First the headphone jack stopped working out of the blue, no sound and no beats toast message. More recently, about a week ago, my screen rotation stops working... At all. Its not locked and when I watch a browser video that forces it into landscape mode my browser itself is then stuck in landscape mode. I then go to homescreen which forces portrait and the browser follows suit. These started happening without any recent drops or physical abuse.

Performance- it was great again until recently. It started not liking apps and everything even individual browser tabs are prone to crashing. I did a phone reset and its better now but not like new by a long shot.

I have owned my device for 6 months and am thinking about replacement and the 930 looks good. Has anyone else had these problems with their 8x?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I had to end my relationship with my 8x a few weeks ago. Physically, it was the best looking phone I've ever had... but the sim errors and text message errors and overall connectivity issues became too much to bear. Plus, my carrier refused to release updates beyond gdr2, so I sadly let it go. Are you on the dev preview or 8.0?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had my T-Mobile US 8X since January 2013 and haven't had any significant problems. In fact, since T-Mobile stopped pushing updates since GDR2, I went to 8.1 using the developers preview. It's a much better phone since.

Unless you got a lemon, you might try a couple of factory resets. I'm in the habit of resetting every time there's a major update, and it's possible that's why I've avoided major problems.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for 18 months now. I have Dev Preview. It spends its time with me in the workshop all day & it's as beautiful as the day I got it. It runs perfect. Always has. Definitely a better phone with DP. Only issue I have is that I'm with Vodaphone Australia & my htc is an Asia Pacific model & hence I can't change my language to US for Cortana.

TheFancyPanc

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Interestingly enough the phone rotate problem fixed itself today. Phone rotation has been unlocked the whole time. Could have been that it was the first time that its died in a while. I need to get in the habit of turning my phone off every few days and maybe I'll have fewer of these problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon