I reset my HTC8x to give to my youngest son

Johntee540

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I picked up my HTC One M8 this week and as a result I gave my son the "hand-me-down" HTC8x. I had the 8x since it came out. Over the past 3 years I had the "Mango" Update and several others over the years including one in late July/Early August I thought might be WP8.1 but it was a Maint release.

In order to give him the phone I had to reset it to Factory defaults. In doing so it took the phone back to the original out of the box state. This means that the Mango release and the subsequent updates were not there anymore. When performing the Update Phone function it tells me I am on the most recent release. The release listed on the phone today is: 8.0.10501.127

There seem to be some missing functions such as when swipe left to reveal the app list - you used to see the apps along with the letters. You could touch a letter "W" and go to the section of the app list that had the "W" apps in it. Now when you look at the list of apps you have to scroll down through the entire list of apps until you find what you are looking for.

Any Ideas on how to get the phone back where it was? - JT

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
resetting the phone should take it to a clean version of the latest version of the OS you had on there. according to the version number you posted, that is Windows Phone 8 Update 3 Windows Phone 8 update
history | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
(click on windows phone 8 update 3 at the bottom) all you have left is 8.1, which is pending deployment.

Also, as for the app list. the shortcuts appear after you install a certain amount of apps. I do not remember what that number is though.

Johntee540

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Got it thanks. My son informed me that he applied several cycles of updates behind my back. Thanks for validating the release as current. JT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty