HTC Windows Phone 8x - Capacitive touch buttons not working. What can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

HTC Windows phone 8x - Capacitive touch buttons not working.

I happen to have a HTC Windows phone 8x for around 2.5 years of which the Capacitive touch buttons (back, home, search) are not working for almost a year and half. It was out of warranty period so couldn't get it repaired. Didn't have enough money to buy a new one, and couldn't sell it as the price offered was very low. So, I find out the shortcut to operate the phone with relative ease without the buttons. Apart from the buttons every thing works fine. Great touch screen and good quality. I like the the phone overall. But now looking to find a solution. Either fix it myself, or get it fixed. Or sell it (either the way it is or after getting it fixed). I would love to keep the phone, but have to find a solution for the buttons. Any recommendations? What would be the best option? Whether it is a hardware problem? Can it be fixed? If yes how much would it cost from service center and how much if I do it? How much should I expect if selling (again, if sold repaired/ in its present condition)? Sorry for dragging the question long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon