I am a new Windows Phone 7 user, and have the HTC Arrive. I came from an Android phone with a full touch screen that had the home, search, and back buttons below. I was able to turn off the vibration when they are pressed, can you do that on the HTC Arrive? If so, how can you do that?

Thanks
    01-01-2012 09:19 PM
    newwp7user - I looked into this a couple of months ago. I don't mind the haptic feedback on the buttons but my brother wanted to turn it off. Turns out it is a manufacturer decision to provide haptic feedback or not. Not all WP7 phones have this. HTC does not provide a mechanism to disable this on the Arrive. I have heard that other HTC models have this option. I am surprised HTC didn't make disabling this option part of one of their add on apps but I haven't seen it anywhere.

So I'm not sure whether it could be done by HTC and they just haven't provided us a way, or if MS needs to add it to their standard settings. My inclination is the former since this is an optional hardware feature.

If you find a way to do this, please let us know. My brother would be forever grateful.

Dave
    01-01-2012 11:19 PM
    Thanks Straitda.
    01-02-2012 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD