The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-24-2014 10:14 PM
81 123 ...
tools
    They seem to love WP and BlackBerry so much. They know a ton of information on both platforms, especially since that guy used a Windows Phone (Windows Mobile) in 2008, and it's basically still the same.

WTF is wrong with CNET? It's fine not to like WP, but acting all ignorant, rude, and stupid is another. He wants to know why we like WP and why we are so "dedicated" to this "inferior" platform. Let's tell them!

Go to 10:13. It starts then.

Go to 10:13. It starts then.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by unstoppablekem; 08-20-2014 at 06:13 AM.
    08-20-2014 05:44 AM
    I've been thinking about sending those guys some really mad comments many times, but then again I don't really like to mess with mentally challenged people.
    08-20-2014 05:47 AM
    I've been thinking about sending those guys some really mad comments many times, but then again I don't really like to mess with mentally challenged people.

He did say he wants us to tell him why we should have him try this "strange platform", so maybe you should. On YT or the article on their site though.
    08-20-2014 05:52 AM
    Why does it matter what these two think? Really, you can take any platform and burn it - that's easy enough since none of them are perfect and it's just lazy. Doing that is nothing more than baiting your listeners.
    k72 likes this.
    08-20-2014 05:57 AM
    I'm tempted. But I'm afraid I would have a hard time trying to be nice, which ultimately would lead to a comment being deleted in no time. :)
    08-20-2014 05:57 AM
    They seem to love WP and BlackBerry so much. They know a ton of information on both platforms, especially since that guy used a Windows Phone (Windows Mobile) in 2008, and it's basically still the same.

WTF is wrong with CNET? It's fine not to like WP, but acting all ignorant, rude, and stupid is another. He wants to know why we like WP and why we are so "dedicated" to this "inferior" platform. Let's tell them!

Go to 10:13.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    So why make they said that

Updated
    Just watch and it's seems they make fun of my windows phone 📱:(

I hate that guy. If cnet doesn't want to review windows phone 📱 that's fine. But if they make fun of my phone it's where I'm getting mad

They seems say that this world only have 2 smartphone operating system and treat me like an alien 👽
    08-20-2014 06:07 AM
    I'm tempted. But I'm afraid I would have a hard time trying to be nice, which ultimately would lead to a comment being deleted in no time. :)

They don't really do that on YT.
    08-20-2014 06:08 AM
    So why make they said that

?
    08-20-2014 06:12 AM
    They don't really do that on YT.
    Posted a comment on YT. I tried and stayed as calm as I could. :)
    08-20-2014 06:15 AM
    i actually listen to this podcast daily and enjoy it. I wrote them an email about their bashing of WP. Jeff is a bit of a ****** about it. His biggest issues with it is that he doesn't know anyone that uses it. If a person dares compare and HTC mogul to the HTC One to show that they are familiar with the platform that just shows their ignorance level on this subject.
    08-20-2014 12:09 PM
    I'd ignore it. It's not like they will reconsider after all the videos we've seen with the blond chick.
    08-20-2014 12:58 PM
    Who would want to watch these pods if they were positive.

It's better to trash or dismiss the competition to drive viewership.
    These guys are just trying get peoples hackles up.
    Rush Limbaugh uses the very same tactic to start arguments.

Who knows ... maybe a few people would see this and say:
    O.o a new WP from HTC ... I want one!
    dlalonde and eric12341 like this.
    08-20-2014 01:13 PM

Not true, Pocketnow also has podcasts and a lot of them are positive. Stuff like this drives away viewership, balanced criticism brings more viewers in my opinion.
    08-20-2014 01:21 PM
    It could very well work that way. As an example, how many people heard of a Chromebook through Microsoft's anti-Chromebook ads that otherwise wouldn't have a clue that the Chromebook even exists? (For the record, I never heard any statistics of whether that campaign had a positive or negative or neutral effect on Chromebook.)

With the M8 this, and others sure to come, could work in Microsoft's favor. The old saying is that there is no such thing as bad publicity.
    Guytronic likes this.
    08-20-2014 01:27 PM
    I wonder when the last time CNET had a knowledgeable staff member was...
    08-20-2014 01:34 PM

actually the podcast isnt bad at all. Thats their one of very few things that they irrationally dislike. not defending them irrationally bashing WP, but even on this website there is some irrational OEM bashing on things that arent Nokia.

I wonder when the last time CNET had a knowledgeable staff member was...
    Check out Jeff's Bakalar's game reviews, they are pretty fair and unbiased.

i'd also suggest listening to the rest of the podcast and not judge a whole podcast based on one thing. Even if it is your precious windows phone.
    08-20-2014 01:42 PM
    Jesus! So much contempt, my ears hurt...

First, the guy hasn't used a Windows platform phone since 2008. It's like saying "Why buy an iPhone? I had an iPod in 2006 and it didn't do much".

Second, "in a world of iOS and Android, why bother?" Maybe just because we like the platform?

Third, if the guy doesn't care about it, then why the hell does he comment?

He has the right to his opinion, even an uninformed one (or rather unexperienced with WP) but respect goes both ways.
    Guytronic and unstoppablekem like this.
    08-20-2014 02:17 PM
    Jesus! So much contempt, my ears hurt...

First, the guy hasn't used a Windows platform phone since 2008. It's like saying "Why buy an iPhone? I had an iPod in 2006 and it didn't do much".

Second, "in a world of iOS and Android, why bother?" Maybe just because we like the platform?

Third, if the guy doesn't care about it, then why the hell does he comment?

He has the right to his opinion, even an uninformed one (or rather unexperienced with WP) but respect goes both ways.
    This is what I was thinking...
    That's why I typed "trying to get hackles up" seems to me this is to incite feedback from WPer's to see if there's actually any WP users out there who care to challenge?
    dlalonde likes this.
    08-20-2014 02:43 PM
    It's pure click bait, that's all it is. They want the views even if most are negative.
    08-20-2014 09:26 PM
    This is hilarious actually. The HTC Mogul had what, Windows Mobile 6 on it? Someone mentioned it previously but that comment invalidated anything else he had to say on the subject.

That'd be like me saying, "I used Android back in '08. I had a G1 with Android on it and it was the laggiest POS I ever used. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Haven't tried it since. How is Android so popular?"

To each their own but it's funny how he totally separated himself from "us" with his choice of words.
    08-20-2014 10:01 PM
    CNET has been nothing but cancerous shills for years now. It's painfully obvious their staff is incapable of independent thought and instead just spew out whatever garbage they're paid to say. It's not even just this video. Everything about that site reeks of paid reviews.

The best thing to do is not give them the attention they're after.
    Last edited by CowardlyLions; 08-20-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    Nerdy Woman and Beijendorf like this.
    08-20-2014 10:22 PM
    They're in Google's pocket.
    08-21-2014 12:55 AM
    You should be ashamed to called you self a "tech journalist" Just because WP doesn't have the market share of Android or iOS doesn't mean anything. I see your are using a MacBook, why? Why is Apple loosing its time with a laptop that has less than 3% of market? I don't see you trashing the MacBook. Do a real hand to hand comparison of WP against any device and you wont believe how WP blows anything you put next to it. Right we don't have all the apps Android and iOS have but didn't do they when they started. Compare features to features and you see WP has the faster simple and fluid OS and everyday it gets better. So please just because WP market share [that is greater than the MacBook] is not higher enough does not mean people aren't using it.

My answer to the video.
    08-21-2014 01:53 PM
    You should be ashamed to called you self a "tech journalist" Just because WP doesn't have the market share of Android or iOS doesn't mean anything. I see your are using a MacBook, why? Why is Apple loosing its time with a laptop that has less than 3% of market? I don't see you trashing the MacBook. Do a real hand to hand comparison of WP against any device and you wont believe how WP blows anything you put next to it. Right we don't have all the apps Android and iOS have but didn't do they when they started. Compare features to features and you see WP has the faster simple and fluid OS and everyday it gets better. So please just because WP market share [that is greater than the MacBook] is not higher enough does not mean people aren't using it.

My answer to the video.
    His assumptions about Windows Phone being terrible based on a device he used years ago are irrelevant when speaking of the current version.

However he doesn't say that people aren't using it, he means to say that he wants to get to know people who are loyal to the Windows Phone community and why.

As far as the next part of your answer goes about Windows Phone blowing away the competition in features, sadly it doesn't. There have been countless other comparisons done.

Windows Phone is by no means bad but still has a lot of work to do before it can compete with Android and iOS.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 08-21-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    08-21-2014 02:09 PM
    As far as the next part of your answer goes about Windows Phone blowing away the competition in features, sadly it doesn't. There have been countless other comparisons done.

Windows Phone is by no means bad but still has a lot of work to do before it can compete with Android and iOS.
    My son has HTC one M7 and my sister in law the iPhone 5s.... My Lumia 925 is faster, take better pictures, better videos... I can go on and on and the only thing my son has against my Lumia is the same old garbage: the app gap.
    k72 likes this.
    08-21-2014 02:23 PM
81 123 ...