HTC One (M8) Coming to T-Mobile!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
...rumored to be coming to T-Mobile. FTFY

Both Upleaks and TK have mixed records on accuracy e.g. Threshold Dev Preview for WP in December? False. Amazon app store? False. Lumia 830 hands on with the hardware? False.

T-Mobile is mostly positioning themselves as a budget carrier and they have been very, very lukewarm towards high-end Windows Phones. I would like to see some actual evidence, and not just tweets/conjecture from twitter accounts.

Also, aren't you all still waiting for the "Lumia 1525" ;)

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
This news means it's likely to be everywhere. I'm hearing the Verizon exclusive is the launch window and it should launch pretty much simultaneously on all the other carriers at the end of September/beginning of October.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

Both Upleaks and TK have mixed records on accuracy e.g. Threshold Dev Preview for WP in December? False. Amazon app store? False. Lumia 830 hands on with the hardware? False.

​T-Mobile is mostly positioning themselves as a budget carrier. Also, aren't you all still waiting for the "Lumia 1525" ;)

A budget carrier that sells the One M8 for Android,the S5, and the G3. Nokia has always had a rougher time with the US carriers while HTC has good relations with them. I think it more likely that a phone that a carrier already has with a different OS will eventually show up for that carrier. HTC tends to like to have flagships on as many carriers as possible.

I seriously doubt T-Mobile will stock a high end Microsoft Mobile device - the 830 is probably the highest they will go. But if LG and HTC basically have Windows versions of phones offered in Android, I think it likely they'll get those. I seriously doubt Samsung will do Windows on the Galaxy series, so T-Mobile probably will not have a Samsung WP handset any time soon.

Also from T-Mobile's perspective, the 8X sold pretty well - much better than the Lumia 810 did. They sell the low end Nokia stuff at a good clip, but HTC has been better for them on the high end.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I doubt that T-Mo will get a variant of the M8WP since the M8 has been so sluggish. They require a special set of radios in their hardware so it's not likely that HTC would commit to bringing more units to them without some aggressive sales tactics. Of course, I could be totally wrong here and they may be flashing some of the regular M8's over to Windows Phone to work with T-Mo.

Everyone needs to remember that T-Mo would have to certify all their Apps (WiFi Calling, My Account, T-Mo TV, etc...) to work with the M8WP before launching, so it wouldn't be a 'free' switch and launch situation from the M8 Android version. In fact, this appears to be one of the delays in the Lumia 925 getting the 8.1.1 update with Cyan.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Having this exposure on all carriers would be fantastic for WP as a platform. Hope to see this happen and for all the peeps who want one. Cheers!:cool:

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I would expect to see the 'unlocked' version at the Microsoft stores pretty soon. I would bet that VZW got 30 days with this before anyone else gets to have it, but with the success of the Lumia 1020 unlocked offering at the MS Stores, I see it being there sooner than later! I think the odd-man-out will be Sprint since they already are stocked up on 2 different versions the regular One M8...

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

T-Mobile is mostly positioning themselves as a budget carrier and they have been very, very lukewarm towards high-end Windows Phones. I would like to see some actual evidence, and not just tweets/conjecture from twitter accounts.

Also, aren't you all still waiting for the "Lumia 1525" ;)

...confirmed for T-Mobile. FTFY.

Well for software side, yes, but TK just got this right and the Motorola Luge. So I'll continue to use him as a source :)

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
So color me totally wrong on the 30 day exclusive... lol

I still don't see it going to individual carrier stores - but I'm still hopeful for a MS version with the APN editing functions to do both data an MMS. For now, the M8 for Windows does work perfectly for T-Mobile if you switch it out of Global Mode and put it in GSM/HSPA+ mode. You do lose your picture messaging, but data does work with the FAST T-Mobile APN.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial