Compass calibration not working

Joseph Lewkovich

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I realize there's a thread like this on pretty much every phone's sub forum (seems to be a WP-wide issue), but whenever I do the "figure 8" in the native Maps application on my M8, it doesn't work. It just pops up with a window saying my compass needs calibration, and keeps popping up no matter how many times I retry.

Seems a lot of phone models are having this issue (even with the HERE maps app). Anyone get it working on the M8?

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed I have to move this phone around a lot more than my old 8X to get it calibrated, but it did work. However, anytime I try to go back to using the calibration-based mapping applications I have to recalibrate it (this was true of the 8X too). I'm not fond of flailing my arms around in public, so I've just kind of stopped using it.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine won't calibrate at all. It doesn't matter how much arm flailing I do, or what orientation I have the phone in, it will not calibrate the compass. Makes many of the navigation apps difficult to use.

I even installed a few compass apps to test - none of them calibrate. My arm is tired.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I can get mine down to +/-13 degrees instantly, and it takes a little more effort than it did on my old phone to bring that down to +/-7.0 degrees (which is considered calibrated). I had to use my arm, not just my wrist to get it done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven