Double tap to wake feature is sluggish?

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I just converted from my Lumia 928 to One. I was happy to see that there's a double tap to wake feature, but it works slightly different than Nokia. I have to lift the phone to double tap. Sometimes it work, sometimes not. I prefer to double tap when the phone is on my table, but that also work sometimes. So my experience is very inconsistent.

HTC, please allow double tap to wake up the phone anywhere, and make it more sensitive like Nokia. If not, please allow my hand to hover over the phone to wake up. This will help, since the power button is hidden on top of phone, and its hard to reach usually.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
When its on a table I just tap it as I touch the sides with my fingers and find I get much better consistency. No need to actually pick it up.
FWIW, I now prefer the power button location. When adjusting volume there is no issue of accidently touching it if it were on the side.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Remember also that Nokia devices have the 'super sensitive' touch screens that allow it to be used with gloves. The HTC doesn't have that so the screen is a bit more dead to start with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon