I played around with this phone in the Microsoft Store and would have bought it in a heartbeat if it wasn't so damn tall. What's the point of the big top and bottom bezels?
    11-04-2014 03:32 PM
    Its boom sound speakers obviously.
    11-04-2014 03:36 PM
    Which phone???
    11-04-2014 03:37 PM
    Its boom sound speakers obviously.
    Seriously? The speakers take up that much space? Not worth the trade-off in size if you ask me.

Which phone???
    Check what forum you are in (Hint: HTC1M8)
    11-04-2014 03:40 PM
    Seriously? The speakers take up that much space? Not worth the trade-off in size if you ask me.

Check what forum you are in (Hint: HTC1M8)
    :-D, yeah noticed it after my comment. Well, its a tall phone..may be too tall because of its speakers!
    11-04-2014 03:43 PM
    I don't own one, but the speakers really are nice. Wish I had speakers like that on my phone when I lived on campus. Would've been nice to have.
    11-04-2014 04:05 PM
    I don't own one, but the speakers really are nice. Wish I had speakers like that on my phone when I lived on campus. Would've been nice to have.
    Yeah, it's probably worth it for some people and I'm sure they wanted to sell something unique. I might be wrong, but I think the general masses would have preferred a shorter phone with less impressive speakers.
    11-04-2014 04:09 PM
    :-D, yeah noticed it after my comment. Well, its a tall phone..may be too tall because of its speakers!
    The speakers are actually the one thing that truly bothers me about this phone. Aside from it being an android rehash of course. You complain about the height which doesn't bother me but the design with the speakers bothers me as well. I know boomsound makes it loads better but I hate it also because of how it looks and I much prefer my speakers on the back. It just messes with the look of the phone to me.
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    11-04-2014 04:11 PM
    The trade off is worth it for the awesome speakers, but its not for everybody.
    Adrynalyne likes this.
    11-04-2014 04:13 PM
    The speakers are actually the one thing that truly bothers me about this phone. Aside from it being an android rehash of course. You complain about the height which doesn't bother me but the design with the speakers bothers me as well. I know boomsound makes it loads better but I hate it also because of how it looks and I much prefer my speakers on the back. It just messes with the look of the phone to me.
    For me, the best placement of speakers is at the bottom. Most of the times I listen to music out of the phone speakers, it's laying flat on the desk or night stand with bottom facing towards me.
    11-04-2014 04:14 PM
    For me, the best placement of speakers is at the bottom. Most of the times I listen to music out of the phone speakers, it's laying flat on the desk or night stand with bottom facing towards me.

Eh I suppose I can see that. People also hated the 1020 camera hump being so big as well last year. Of course for me I actually like it but yeah that's a good point.

Still with my speakers on the back the music or calls never sounded muffled though I am not denying the m8 has better speakers. I suppose I am a tad superficial lol
    11-04-2014 04:16 PM
    When people watch videos, it is usually in landscape. Their placement makes the most sense for that.

I'm almost willing to bet that more people watch videos than listen to music through their phone speakers.
    11-04-2014 10:30 PM
    Yes, that makes sense. I guess I'm more of a music consumer. But the height bothers me more than the placement of the speakers.
    11-04-2014 10:57 PM
    Yes, that makes sense. I guess I'm more of a music consumer. But the height bothers me more than the placement of the speakers.
    Honestly, its not that much taller than other phones, but we all gotta use what makes us happy.
    11-04-2014 11:11 PM
    I guess wasted bezel space and height is a pet peeve of mine. It's taller than the iPhone 6, which I thought was to tall and returned after a week.
    11-05-2014 12:40 PM