Annoyed with HTC

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I used to love HTC and have had many HTC phones over the years. Now HTC is doing poorly and everyone says they don't know why and others are mad that Nokia keeps releasing exclusives. I think the reason HTC is doing poorly is because they only like their flagship phones on each platform. I have friends that have the Radr and the One S and both have really annoying and pretty substantial issues that many people complain about yet HTC does nothing to fix the issues. The Radar seems to have a lot of issues txting and the One S has reboot issues. Looking here I didn't see much about the txting issue on the Radar but in the Tmobile forums both of these issues are widespread. In a txting world having txting issues is a serious issue and having your phone reboot several times per day is really unacceptable. I no longer feel comfortable recommending a non flagship htc.

Support: HTC Radar MMS NOT sending

Support: HTC One S constantly freezing and rebooting

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for bringing these issues to light. Combine those with the problems from the original Titan and HTC's quality control has been more miss than hit.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Never had any problems with sms or mms. I think this issue could use more input from other international users, since it could be a problem with T-Mobile services rather than with the phone itself.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, HTC makes me cry. No way this company should have these kind of problems. The part that annoys me the most is that ANY attempt by them to improve things would solve the problems as most of the complaints about their products are software related and could be fixed with firmware updates. It's not like peoples screens are dying or the batteries are imploding.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, HTC makes me cry. No way this company should have these kind of problems. The part that annoys me the most is that ANY attempt by them to improve things would solve the problems as most of the complaints about their products are software related and could be fixed with firmware updates. It's not like peoples screens are dying or the batteries are imploding.
Exactly. As a long time HTC owner, I still respect them. But they will only get my attention if Nokia does not have something to offer. Post-purchase software support from HTC is nearly non-existent. The same can't be said for Nokia. That's a big difference.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

I agree with u Snowmutt. But on the other hand, I never had any software issues with any HTC device ever. I only had the HTC HD7 so far. :p

But yea, the metallic volume rocker and the power button kinnda started eroding in the first couple of months itself ...annoying isn't it??

Now when I look back I know what u guys are saying...

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

Xaphoon148

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Could it be T-mobile ?
Never had any trouble with sms/mms on my Radar, but heard
of others that have had. But not the same net...

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The people I know are on a regional carrier and have the same issues but the regional carrier doesn't have support forums(go figure) and the regional carrier blames WP.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Incidentally, the guy complaining about not being able to send SMS and MMS messages turned off data and was using WiFi only.

He complained his Galaxy S II let him, but his "defective" Radar didn't.

The S II supports T-Mobile's "WiFi calling," which allows calls, texts and MMS to be sent over WiFi. The Radar does NOT support WiFi calling, because of restrictions in WP7 that don't allow it to be implemented on WP handsets.

That's not a "defective phone." Rather, it's a user who doesn't know enough about the technology. A Nokia Lumia 710, 800 or 900 on WiFi with data services turned off won't be able to send an SMS or MMS "over WiFi" either.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Strange, I haven't had problems with sms/mms on my Radar either. In fact, most people complain about HTC, but I haven't had any major problems on either my HD2 or my Radar.

touchthatpad106

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe im biased but on the android side of thing HTC is the only phone I can use. I went through an LG phone, Motorola phone, and a Samsung phone. Only with HTC was I able to have an enjoyable experience. Im loving my radar so far as well. Its dissapointing the one line didn't do better because I feel like HTC did all the right things with those products.

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The One X dual core was a piece too. I was about live with most of the problems but the missed notification bug was just too brutal and Rogers was too slow to update and I didn't want to root.

Lucky I did, Rogers didn't release an update for that problem for a heck of a long while. To be fair HTC and AT&T did update it in a barely reasonable time frame but still.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

The One X problems were mainly hardware, although the killer problem, for me, was software related.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon