Got my Surround!

Hombaca05

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just bought my Surround today. I'm one of the many (based on another thread) coming from the Captivate. Love the phone. Feels really solid, built like a rock. Screen is very nice, and the speaker is surprisingly powerful.

Also, when I was at the AT&T store another guy checking out was getting a Focus and a Surround!

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the family! I just downloaded a really cool app for the phone called "attentive app" which is made just for HTC phones i think.

It lets you use geture controls during a phone call. for example, if you flip the phone so the screen is facing down, it will activate the speaker during a call. there are a bunch of other cool options.

Hombaca05

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I saw that app but there were so many mixed reviews I didn't download it, but you like it? I do love the Flashlight app and loving in general how OEMs are making exclusive apps for their WP7 devices as another way to differentiate them. Its great for us users.

The Surround gets alot of unjust hate. The device itself is beautiful, built to last and the speaker is powerful. I find that the quality sound really helps me get into the games more, I am addicted to ilomilo! :D

Also I showed my manager my phone today, OS and hardware. I was interested to hear what she had to say as she been an IPhone person since they first came out and just got the iPhone 4. After the full tour she said she hadn't seen one phone since her first iPhone that made her think about leaving it, until today! She loved the WP7 OS and really loved the Surround! Maybe I'll convert her :)

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya,

anroid is great too, but for the average person it can be a bit of a tricky OS. When someone comes in to buy a captivate, I have to show them so much stuff so they dont slow down their phone. Where as with windows, it is so straight forward....I have never owned an android device that didnt need to be modded in one way or another which isnt really googles fault. Its the manufactures fault because they try to fragment it with their own OS layers.

anyways enough about that lol....yeah the surround is great, speaker is awesome, and the build quality has yet to be beaten

I saw that app but there were so many mixed reviews I didn't download it, but you like it? I do love the Flashlight app and loving in general how OEMs are making exclusive apps for their WP7 devices as another way to differentiate them. Its great for us users.

The Surround gets alot of unjust hate. The device itself is beautiful, built to last and the speaker is powerful. I find that the quality sound really helps me get into the games more, I am addicted to ilomilo! :D

Also I showed my manager my phone today, OS and hardware. I was interested to hear what she had to say as she been an IPhone person since they first came out and just got the iPhone 4. After the full tour she said she hadn't seen one phone since her first iPhone that made her think about leaving it, until today! She loved the WP7 OS and really loved the Surround! Maybe I'll convert her :)

aseua

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the family! I just downloaded a really cool app for the phone called "attentive app" which is made just for HTC phones i think.

It lets you use geture controls during a phone call. for example, if you flip the phone so the screen is facing down, it will activate the speaker during a call. there are a bunch of other cool options.

im having a hard time choosing either the samsung focus or the htc surround. any suggestions on which one is better?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
im having a hard time choosing either the samsung focus or the htc surround. any suggestions on which one is better?
Its all a matter of personal choice. Some feel the Focus screen is better than sliced bread, but to me it looked like the contrast was turned up too high. Also didn't like the plasticy feel of the Focus. Very satisfied with my Surround after 8 months.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahuee