HTC Surround Update

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Surround will be getting an update by HTC? I know most of the other HTC Windows Phones got a manufacturers' update a few weeks back. It sounds like it fixed that annoying Zune crashing bug. Yet the Surround hasn't gotten anything. Any rumors or news on that?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I hope we get that update, I'm sick of zune freezing from doing nothing but listening to music. I got surround for its music abilitties and now those are impaired.

DigitalZ

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
I saw a story released today that Telus (my carrier in Canada) is now releasing the latest update. I'll plug in later today to see if I get it.

If it helps you at all, I was able to get rid of the vast majority of my Zune lockup problems by setting Sound Enhancer to "No Effects" for both Audio and Video. Prior to that it would lock up quite regularly.

Dr Widdleguy

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen the update either unless I've missed something. Still having the Zune crashing problem just from listening to music. I'm sad they still haven't brought back the Sound Enhancer app so I know which sound setting I'm on.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I recently got a Nokia Lumia 800, and that one doesn't have the Zune crashing issue. This confirms that it is an HTC only bug. I'm on AT&T and still haven't recieved any updates for the Surround. Once I make sure that all my info is transferred off of my Surround, I'm going to give it a hard reset and see if it makes a difference.

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So can a manual update be performed to 8107 like the samsungs by unlocking? At&t probably will won't release an update till sept knowing them

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

briggylyk

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Please help

Hi i have a htc surround SIM unlocked on windows phone 7. I was wondering if i updated my phone through zune would it break my SIM unlock and lock back to AT&T or will i still be able to use my carrier here in Ireland?

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Surround update: AT&T...fail

As an AT&T user in the U.S. I would not recommend updating through Zune though if by sim unlocked you mean carrier unlocked you should not have an issue with relock.
As for AT&T users stateside updating with cab files is probably the way to go. 8107 is not being offered. Tethering and mobile hotspot are being linked to 5gb 4G LTE plan for more money of course. AT&T has hinted that they will release next "major update" I do not see how that is possible as they would have to release cumulative update and if they are somehow able to disable these features on older devices it will take forever and a day. I suspect my 2yr. contract will be over by then (March 2013).

mangojain

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Tethering update for HTC Surround

So, there is no cab update available yet for the Surround which enables the tethering functionality, right? I have updated upto 8107 and i don't have the feature.

MrPatchMonkey

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The Zune crashing issues is still on going with my HTC Surround. It's been over 200 days since the Mango update and I haven't been able to use Zune unless my phone is plugged in, which is impractical when i'm out for a walk. HTC has to take ownership of this issue and resolve it. It's obvious they don't care about their customers, just about selling new phones. They've seen the last of my money.

BikemanAMD

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
When is HTC Surround Update coming to fix the disappearing Keyboard issue, in addition to other issues? About ready to just wait til contract is over, then look to Sprint for Android possibly, been way too long waiting on any updates or so--getting annoying a lot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes