Titan VS SG2

dawrath

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung Capativate is been a pain in my rear since I got it. First one speaker phone died after about 3 weeks. Got a replacement free from local ATT store. Fast forward 6 months it is starting to fail again.

Horrid GPS, bad battery life. Random lag due to a bad file system. Even with a custom rom it is still slow. (Android thing??)

ATT offered me a discount on Samsung Galaxy 2 for $175. But I really wanted to get or try a Windows phone after playing with the Samsung Focus in the store for 45 mins.

Not sure how much longer before Titan hits ATT offically but am I crazy for wanting it (or the focus S) over SG2?

Kinda want to try a different brand. I either got real unlucky or Samsung have bad QA checks on there products.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Wait for the Samsung Focus S. It's a Galaxy S II with Windows Phone and the people that had see it, say is even sexier than the GSII.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Wish we had a somewhat idea of a time frame! I been trying to get rid of this phone since June/July.

I believe the Focus S is releasing either tomorrow or Wednesday on AT&T. They are showing it off at CTIA. As far as the Titan, I am guessing it will also be released either the same day as the Focus S or sometime within the next 2 weeks.

As far as Android is concerned, I too felt some lag with a 1ghz snapdragon processor on the HTC Inspire 4G. However, like many have said it is all about the OS that is driving it. Microsoft was designed around the one core processor, while Android you can have anything from 600mhz single-core to 1.5 ghz dual-core and everything in between. Obviously the more cores that Android is running on, the more fluid it becomes. The problem that I am having with Windows phone right now is the fact that the CPUs and GPUs on other phones are very useful when it comes to games. Check out the graphics of Blade Infinity 2 on the iphone 4S. Maybe next year when Windows Phone 8 comes out we will have that kind of power.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That's the problem with Android - too many spec variations are making it a bad platform for the average consumer.
I still like it as an OS but it's causing a lot of problems for people and frustration as people don't want to constantly be out of date & stuck with 24 month contracts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon