Can you customize the LED for notifications?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Coming from Blackberry, this would be awesome. We love our customizable LED's! Can you change the colors depending on notification type (FB, Twitter, email, SMS, etc.)? If not, what does it actually notify for?

Muero

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I've seen the little light do is turn red when charging and turn green when charging is complete. There are no settings that mention this light.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, ok. I noticed the HD7S was constantly blue at the ATT store. It was plugged in and all that.

Does MS not give control of this for developers?

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you only get light for charging or missed calls.
Nothing for texts or emails and no chance to change colours.

This is a big thing I miss after my HTC Desire on SG2 I got around with an app which did displayed such things on the lock screen but can't do this with WP7:dry

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Instead of following the rest of the herd, I'd like a mini live tile to pop up in one of the corners and flip to show you what alerts you have.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I think the only real benefit to customized LED notifications are that you can tell the message you get just from the LED without having to unlock the screen. Its pretty minor, but something you get used to. And its kinda cool getting different colors for different messages. :D. I can obviously live without it, but I had hopes since it seems HTC phones do seem to have notification LED's.

So dev's don't have access to this control in Mango? (BlackBerry requires an App for this too.)

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I think the only real benefit to customized LED notifications are that you can tell the message you get just from the LED without having to unlock the screen. Its pretty minor, but something you get used to. And its kinda cool getting different colors for different messages. :D. I can obviously live without it, but I had hopes since it seems HTC phones do seem to have notification LED's.

So dev's don't have access to this control in Mango? (BlackBerry requires an App for this too.)

Devs have limited sensor access in WP7. Actually, we get abstracted sensor information, not direct sensor access.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon