Verizon Trophy Specs

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Memory / Processor
Memory:16GB On Board Memory, 576 MB RAM
Qualcomm? MSM86501Ghz

Upgraded from the MSM 8250 in the OG Trophy? Correct?

This is from Verizon's Information on the phone.

bmw3wags

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Memory / Processor
Memory:16GB On Board Memory, 576 MB RAM
Qualcomm? MSM86501Ghz

Upgraded from the MSM 8250 in the OG Trophy? Correct?

This is from Verizon's Information on the phone.

Actually that isn't a upgrade its technically same processor just different wireless radio's because the 8250 is a GSM only chipset while the 8650 is the CDMA supported variation(but also still includes GSM). You will notice its the same thing with the european HTC Pro 7 and the HTC Arrive for sprint.

Edit: Also something of note Verizon list it as a MSM Processor but it should be QSD. MSN is used on the second gen snapdragon but the trophy definitely only has the first. I imagine its a mistake by Verizon.

Last edited:

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Awwww... You sure about the MSM vs QSD? They list the Xperia play as having a MSM 8655, which is then later listed as a Snapdragon II? I know the difference is 8650 vs 8655... but I am trying to keep hope alive ;)

Edit: Found the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip) doesn't look like there is a MSM8650, there is a QSD 8650A, but yeah, probably the 8650 then.

bmw3wags

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah its definitely a mistake by Verizon as there is no way that the Trophy has the newer Snapdragon. It's definitely QSD8650 i don't think they would improve the Trophy that much for Verizon plus that would make it the first phone with 2nd Gen Chasis/hardware which im sure would be made a big deal.
Also that would give it the Adreno 205 GPU which also isn't in any WP7 device yet. So I dont think there is much chance it is anything better then what is out.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had a back-and-forth with an HTC rep about the SLCD issue. They are claiming that the European Trophy never had an SLCD screen.

So, it seems like not knowing about their own products is par for the course.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes