WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Really... how's the screen compared to .. SAMOLED like the Focus ?

Interested to hear how big the screen difference is.. since no SLCD...

Last edited:

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The screen is NOTHING like the Focus but thats expected. That said, it looks pretty good for a standard LCD. The black is a little washed out, and the colors get washed out at sharper viewing angles. Looking at it straight on its looks good though. The screen seemed to look better than the HD7 I had, but not A LOT better.

I like the phone itself design wise, better than the focus. I am happy with this phone and verizon's coverage over the Focus and ATT's coverage....Until some Nokia hotness comes out :)...

blablabla

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think people are getting a little too worked up over the screen. The only time you'll notice is the sun, and even then, this will be fine.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think this was slightly better in direct sunlight than the Focus. You can definately notice the difference in regular conditions though. Like I said, this screen isn't bad at all, but it certaintly isnt an amoled.

Other thoughts so far. Camera button, and every other button is way better than the HD7. I litterally had a hard time pressing them on the HD7 because they were designed to be so sleek with the chassis. The camera button was especially bad, I almost couldnt even do the "half press" for focusing. This one is much better. The phone seems to "feel" better in the hand than the Focus did.

I am also enjoying being able to use my data connection ;)

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i compared the two at a verizon store today, and indoors the focus def has it beat, BUT, it's a great screen nonetheless, the only phone (from verizon's lineup) that i would see it as a SLIGHT downgrade would be a droid charge or the fascinate. but only screenwise and camera wise, it's far better than moto's offerings, but not as nice as samsungs or apple's. however, it's more than capable in good lighting (it wasn't dark out, so i didn't test the flash/low light performance, but htc tends to do okay anyways)

the build quality was really nice, and i love the soft touch plastic coating. it makes it far less slippery than something like the focus or fascinate or iphone.

the size is pretty nice, and while i still feel 4" is the sweet spot for screen size, the trophy is very pocketable and feels more iphone like in hand, which could be a plus or minus depending on your hands.

all in all, it's a great phone, just two months too late for me to sign a contract for. way to blow it verizon.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The focus blows in direct sunlight. Glad you enjoying you phone.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
I thought the AMOLED screen worked better in drect sunlight. Thanks for clearing that up. My Surround screen leaves nothing to write home about in bright sunlight, but glad I am not missing out on anything.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
samoled works better than amoled, and samoled+ is better than samoled in reference to direct sunlight.

they all will kind of suck when the screen is comprised of a majority of dark images, as there is no backlight in the traditional sense, but since battery life is much better when the screen is that way for the same reason (no backlight) most people keep their focus that way.

the focus' samoled screen has a wider range (contrast) available to it since it can produce such deep blacks, but whether you like the effect it has (some may think it's oversaturated, while others will think it looks very vibrant) on colors is up to you.

even if the trophy is a standard tft-lcd, it's a pretty nice screen, i'd say 97% of users will not be dissapointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon