Mango Update Error Code C1010009

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to find an answer for this problem, so I thought I would check here.

On the 27th I plugged in my Verizon HTC Trophy to my computer and I got the notification that updates were available. I successfully installed the 7392 and 7403 updates, but I keep getting hung up on the 7720.68 update. It is hanging up on Step 4 around the 39% point and I get an Error Code C1010009.

I have attempted this at least a dozen times. I have been using the original USB cable, and I have tried multiple different USB ports. I have rebooted the computer, pulled the battery on the phone, and any other combination I can think of. I have the current Zune software in the PC (running Windows XP).

Does anyone have any ideas here?

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The Microsoft Answers site says that if you get this error, make sure to use your original cable and one of the USB ports on the back of the computer. It however fails to point out that if it still doesn't work there may be a problem with the computer in general, which is what my problem appears to have been.

I determined this after I got a tip in a different post to check a certain Citrix forum posting. Based on what I saw there, the error code C1010009 definetly points to a problem with the USB port being used. Once I got the Zune software and the proper USB device information for the phone installed on a different computer, everything worked on the first try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon