My HTC Windows phone got wet, what should I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my HTC windows phone got wet

I woke up and my phone is plugged in charging right next to me like always, i woke up to check the time and i noticed my screen was weird i could see water only in the bottom left of my screen it turns on and off i put it in a bag of rice for about two days keeping my fingers crossed but the red light that is usually always on isnt??? even when i plug it in help anyone? its off at the moment now in rice .

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: my HTC windows phone got wet

Good luck with the rice but you should be aware, you're most likely looking at getting a new phone. Water and electronics never got along well.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: my HTC windows phone got wet

If the phone has been on after it got wet, this is almost a guarantee that permanent damage is being done.

Here is a very good advice post about wet phones: How to Deal with a BlackBerry thats Gotten Wet--THE RIGHT WAY - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Good luck.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes