Canada reporting in

awkm

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Bought myself the Ascend W1 from Huawei a couple of days ago and enjoying it a lot so far.

Live in Canada which is probably one of the most hostile markets for WP8 as it faces not only iOS and Android but also the very popular (and Canadian) Blackberry which a lot of people use as it's the home town boy. Always been a fan on Windows on the desktop and use Windows 8 at the moment so the step over to WP8 from Android wasn't too difficult for me. Always been a bit partial to helping the underdog so was happy to give a bit of support to WP8.

Enjoying the Ascend. If you're in the market for a lower-end device I'd recommend it. Love the battery life in particular.

Cheers,
AWKM

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The Ascend W1 is a pretty cool device, the 4GB of storage and the fact that it isn't available in Australia puts me off the device, unfortunately.

Welcome to WPCentral!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard to WP central! Hope you're enjoying the Ascend, need help just ask this is forum to get all your answer's.

awkm

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
The Ascend W1 is a pretty cool device, the 4GB of storage and the fact that it isn't available in Australia puts me off the device, unfortunately.

Welcome to WPCentral!
Yep the 4GB storage is about the only negative I've found so far. I do however love the battery life. Even with my early tinkering and heavier use wanting to play with my new phone I comfortably got 2 full days from the first charge (with Battery Saver off too)

To be honest I'm a fairly "simple" user. If it checks my mail, allows me to keep track of my social networks and can do a bit of browsing, play solitaire and give me a weather forecast I'm pretty set. I'm not a big photographer, video watcher or downloading a thousand apps so I should be fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital