07-08-2012 09:19 PM
62 123
tools
    The previous Siri app was way, way more basic though - it's not the same thing at all.
    10-07-2011 03:45 AM
    If the ip4s ran wp7 everyone here would be all over it (ignoring screen size of course, but most people dont actually want a phone that big).
    10-07-2011 05:19 AM
    I think if the iPhone 4s had been released in June....it wouldn't have been such a let down..

But the fact that they took so long to put out such a seemingly minor upgrade is a bit head scratching.

I laugh at that Siri promo, where the runner asks to set up a meeting at such a time, and Siri says the meeting is over booking the time slot.

But if you were setting up the appointment in your phone yourself..you would have seen that. Just a bit illogical.

I think Siri will have the same effect Kinect has. It is advertised easily, and it's cool, new age ish, and it will impress the non-technophobes to no end.

Right now, Microsoft isnt' even in the conversation. I see my friends ask for phone suggestions on Facebook, and it's iPhone or "Droid."
    That's the problem - WP7 has NO NAME recognition. I'm no Apple Fanboy (in fact I currently own WebOS) but where are the new WP7s???? I don't care how well it runs on the current hardware (and I hear it runs great) BUT if I or someone else is going to buy a new phone we want up to date hardware - better processor (not just speed but better battery life), more memory (the largest WP7 is 32 GB - NON-EXPANDABLE), better screen (you know Super AMOLED+/Super LCD), better batteries. All of the WP7 hardware is 18 month old technology. Are you going to be like Apple and sell your OLD phones for Free/$99 on contract?

I'm on Verizon and I'll tell you NO WAY am I going to commit to a 2 year contact for a TROPHY - I don't care how well WP7 runs on it. Plus, I have yet to see a single WP7 anywhere (especially not at the Verizon store - they didn't have ANY in stock).

If MS doesn't pick it up on the marketing side this is going to be the Zune HD all over again - great concept - NO SALES.
    10-07-2011 09:12 PM
    10-07-2011 09:42 PM
    That's the problem - WP7 has NO NAME recognition. I'm no Apple Fanboy (in fact I currently own WebOS) but where are the new WP7s???? I don't care how well it runs on the current hardware (and I hear it runs great) BUT if I or someone else is going to buy a new phone we want up to date hardware - better processor (not just speed but better battery life), more memory (the largest WP7 is 32 GB - NON-EXPANDABLE), better screen (you know Super AMOLED+/Super LCD), better batteries. All of the WP7 hardware is 18 month old technology. Are you going to be like Apple and sell your OLD phones for Free/$99 on contract?

I'm on Verizon and I'll tell you NO WAY am I going to commit to a 2 year contact for a TROPHY - I don't care how well WP7 runs on it. Plus, I have yet to see a single WP7 anywhere (especially not at the Verizon store - they didn't have ANY in stock).

If MS doesn't pick it up on the marketing side this is going to be the Zune HD all over again - great concept - NO SALES.
    I agree with you but dude my Focus has 8GB memory and IS expandable and has a Super AMOLED screen.

And I'm not sure why you wouldn't commit to a Trophy after Mango. There's no reason not to unless you're waiting for those made-for-Mango devices.
    10-07-2011 10:22 PM
    Looks like Apple has another hit on there hands. Raking in the dollars!

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    10-07-2011 10:35 PM
    IDK, I hear the rant that 4 to a 4s isn't a real spec bump, but... Double the ram, single to dual core, better faster higher color recognition camera, faster 3g (if on ATT) and better battery life. Looks like a bump to me. Just say'n.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    10-07-2011 11:13 PM
    4 million devices sold in three days. I wish I could screw up like that. ;)
    10-22-2011 01:37 PM
    1. Look at most mobile phone designs. Pretty similar, huh? The 4S may look a lot like the 4, but then the 4 is actually one of the most stand-out designs out there - and still is - so why ditch it for the sake of it? HTC had a year and came up with something that looks like a reheated Wildfire (Radar) and a black slab (Titan). The Omnia 7S looks like a galaxy S2, which also looks like a black slab. There's Apple and Nokia, and then everyone else is by and large variations on the same old theme.
    2. Not everyone wants a whopper of a screen (and resolution - and readability - is still king). Bigger isn't necessarily better. I'd rather have a pin-sharp 3.5 display than a grainy near-5 inch display.
    3. So? That's just a different UI design. You could equally complain e.g. WP7 has no folders.
    4. Loads of models don't have a dedicated camera button. At least there is now a shortcut - and ultimately it's quality of photos that counts, and I can tell you from experience the iP4 camera is outstanding so I expect this new version to be at least as good, but of course at higher resolution.
    5. This is changed - the antenna design is now the same for all models as the Verizon iP4 - and it's an effect I can replicate on my HTC Mozart and pretty much any other smartphone I've tried it with anyway (in fact, I even once got an Android fanboy to walk off in a huff after getting his Xperia Arc to drop from 4 bars to 0).
    6. Show me the phone that's indestructible.

Again, I'm not ditching my WP7 phone. But let's not do this. For every criticism and shortcoming someone can find with the 4S, I can think of at least as many for WP7 phones. I just wish we could get to a state where people appreciate any decent product with exciting new features on merit rather than playing the silly "my XX is better than your XX" contest. I've seen that since I owned a ZX Spectrum and my neighbour had a Commodore 64, and the arguments are the same now as they ever were.

The 4S is a great phone. Pretending it isn't will not stop that being true, but accepting it is doesn't make what you've got/prefer automatically worse either.
    Finally some words of wisdom on this forum.
    07-08-2012 06:55 AM
    Finally some words of wisdom on this forum.
    Nothing like bumping a 9 month old thread to not add any new insight or information.

Btw, now we all know that, no Apple didnt screw up. The 4s was wildly successful and Mango didn't bring the popularity to windows phone we hoped for.
    07-08-2012 12:23 PM
    Nothing like bumping a 9 month old thread to not add any new insight or information.

Btw, now we all know that, no Apple didnt screw up. The 4s was wildly successful and Mango didn't bring the popularity to windows phone we hoped for.
    Sorry I didn't even look a the dates. But I just find it silly to turn everything into a competition and name calling. There's nothing wrong with Android, WP or iOS.
    07-08-2012 05:03 PM
    apple can take a rock, call it an iphone and it will sell :D

i guess only wp can be better than ios since it won't be seen as rippoff like android.

interesting to see if wp8 pureview will make apple fan really defensive about iphone 5 :D
    07-08-2012 09:19 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD