Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
There is a LTE Moto G with a micro SD card slot. Nokia does not even have service centers, and build quality is subjective.

dude just stop
im talking about their service in my country
the person i replied to is from my country so thats where i corrected him because the service centres here are pathetic
plus i dont see the moto g LTE releasing here so its irrelevent
nokia does have service centers genius maybe not in ur country but my country and i think europe does have service centres
ever heard of nokia care??
dont generalise just because u havent seen one or dont have one in ur country

630User

May 18, 2014
Visit site
The question is if manufacturers are willing to build a smartphone that meets most the mentioned requirements for
let's say $175. I doubt it, because such smartphone would cannibalize the more expensive (read more profitable) models.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
dude just stop
im talking about their service in my country
the person i replied to is from my country so thats where i corrected him because the service centres here are pathetic
plus i dont see the moto g LTE releasing here so its irrelevent
nokia does have service centers genius maybe not in ur country but my country and i think europe does have service centres
ever heard of nokia care??
dont generalise just because u havent seen one or dont have one in ur country

So let me get this straight, you completely dismiss a device that is valid, then you go on to say I am wrong for not knowing Nokia has care centers. Lovely.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So let me get this straight, you completely dismiss a device that is valid, then you go on to say I am wrong for not knowing Nokia has care centers. Lovely.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

man u are so confused, just dont post if u dont have an idea about
i did not dismiss the device
let me break it up for u-
1. moto g LTE isnt available in most countries including mine hence its irrelevent just like CDMA variants of the lumia series which also arent available in most countries
2. you live in USA(?) where they follow a different system of cell phones and network- contract system which means ur service provider is also responsible for sales and service of ur handset so u havent seen nokia service centres only verizon or whatever
3. we in india have a different system, we buy everything separately- the sim, mobile plans,a sim unlocked phone etc it can be in any order and any time
4. only US and 1-2 other countries follow the contract system which is highly flawed and puts u at the mercy of say verizon etc for everything-sim,phone etc , so yeah the majority of countries dont follow this system and hence have separate service centres for phones

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
man u are so confused, just dont post if u dont have an idea about
i did not dismiss the device
let me break it up for u-
1. moto g LTE isnt available in most countries including mine hence its irrelevent just like CDMA variants of the lumia series which also arent available in most countries
2. you live in USA(?) where they follow a different system of cell phones and network- contract system which means ur service provider is also responsible for sales and service of ur handset so u havent seen nokia service centres only verizon or whatever
3. we in india have a different system, we buy everything separately- the sim, mobile plans,a sim unlocked phone etc it can be in any order and any time
4. only US and 1-2 other countries follow the contract system which is highly flawed and puts u at the mercy of say verizon etc for everything-sim,phone etc , so yeah the majority of countries dont follow this system and hence have separate service centres for phones

I am not confused. You were not as clear before. I was saying, because there is a Moto G with a micro SD card, it made your previous point invalid, but you are dismissing it because you can't get it. Just because it is not available in your country does not mean the device does not exist, it is still valid to the conversation.

Te contract system exists because it allows many people to get high end devices. It won't go away for a long time either. It works, but people on the internet love to say it sucks, when in reality it allows manufacturers to have a lot more customers. In reality if it was not for contracts, Samsung nor Apple would have the user base they do now.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I am not confused. You were not as clear before. I was saying, because there is a Moto G with a micro SD card, it made your previous point invalid, but you are dismissing it because you can't get it. Just because it is not available in your country does not mean the device does not exist, it is still valid to the conversation.

Te contract system exists because it allows many people to get high end devices. It won't go away for a long time either. It works, but people on the internet love to say it sucks, when in reality it allows manufacturers to have a lot more customers. In reality if it was not for contracts, Samsung nor Apple would have the user base they do now.

lol u wish u were correct
ive been to US and 20 other countries many times and i can safely say the contract system is lame
ive done real world calculation and if i buy the phone on my own and a sim with a tailor made plan(not contract) for a period of two years , its $700 cheaper than getting the phone with a contract and being locked down in terms of sim card,sim-lock,MNP and inability to change phones or sims whenever u want plus u will rely on the service provider for everything including system updates which could take 6 months more or even never
u havent tried the system used here so u dont have a clue abt it, i on the other hand have used both , ive bought 2-3 contracts from ATT and Verizon before and its certainly a joke in the long run
just go to any sites of our country and compare rates

sites to compare rates(sit with a calculator and see for urself)-
1.flipkart.com
2.vodafone india
3. amazon.in
4. airtel india
5. reliance india(which has a contract option as well but gives much more freedom despite being expensive)

as for moto G LTE, ok it exists, pls tell me where i can buy one without shipping etc ie locally (sarcasm)
the point is only a few countries have it , i never said it doesnt exist, i said not every country has it hence its irrelevent

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
lol u wish u were correct
ive been to US and 20 other countries many times and i can safely say the contract system is lame
ive done real world calculation and if i buy the phone on my own and a sim with a tailor made plan(not contract) for a period of two years , its $700 cheaper than getting the phone with a contract and being locked down in terms of sim card,sim-lock,MNP and inability to change phones or sims whenever u want plus u will rely on the service provider for everything including system updates which could take 6 months more or even never
u havent tried the system used here so u dont have a clue abt it, i on the other hand have used both , ive bought 2-3 contracts from ATT and Verizon before and its certainly a joke in the long run
just go to any sites of our country and compare rates

sites to compare rates(sit with a calculator and see for urself)-
1.flipkart.com
2.vodafone india
3. amazon.in
4. airtel india
5. reliance india(which has a contract option as well but gives much more freedom despite being expensive)

as for moto G LTE, ok it exists, pls tell me where i can buy one without shipping etc ie locally (sarcasm)
the point is only a few countries have it , i never said it doesnt exist, i said not every country has it hence its irrelevent

No the phone is not irrelevant it is still relevant to that conversation. Also "is sucks" is highly objective. But the contract system does work. You can talk all day what the savings is by buying Sim free and whatnot. But there are a lot of advantages for anybody to be able to get high end devices for smaller prices up front. If it a perfect system? No. But it does work and people see the benefits of everyday.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely on the fence about it. I've had two 928s, both with hardware problems. I'm thinking of either switching OEMs or switching platforms altogether. Plus I'm liking what I'm hearing about the new iPhone.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No the phone is not irrelevant it is still relevant to that conversation. Also "is sucks" is highly objective. But the contract system does work. You can talk all day what the savings is by buying Sim free and whatnot. But there are a lot of advantages for anybody to be able to get high end devices for smaller prices up front. If it a perfect system? No. But it does work and people see the benefits of everyday.

lol theres somethings called EMI options for that as well
u can get a sim unlocked phone outright for less than $20 per month if u want and for more data and calls a plan comparable to that costs $30 here whereas t-mobile offers that at $50 (without a phone) so yeah contract system is lame

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
u can get a sim unlocked phone outright for less than $20 per month if u want and for more data and calls a plan comparable to that costs $30 here whereas t-mobile offers that at $50 (without a phone) so yeah contract system is lame

You are still being subjective.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely on the fence about it. I've had two 928s, both with hardware problems. I'm thinking of either switching OEMs or switching platforms altogether. Plus I'm liking what I'm hearing about the new iPhone.

yeah , i had a faulty speaker and volume keys on one of my 720s, my 520 which i had for a month had a faulty camera module
though my brothers iphone 5 and now 5s had to replaced more than 2-3 times in 6 months because of the power button and once the home button
i wish there was an easy to repair phone like the good old 8520 whose major defect was the rubber volume keys which would melt and break off every few months but u could change the screen , keyboard, housing and everything for around $30
my 9790 on the other hand fell 2-3 times and my lock button, back button stopped working, when i approached BB they asked me to cough up $150 for just the lock and back buttons

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm actually on your side believing that a free system with compatible networks is much better. In Switzerland you can get a price reduction on your contract when not buying a phone. And this reduction is always higher than what they offer as a price reduction on a new phone. This is mostly because the providers have much higher base prices. To give you a discount that looks like a lot of money, they sell phones contract free for a price that is much higher than a phone would cost in an independent shop. The compatible networks makes it also very easy to switch providers.

That's however not the reason I'm posting here. I write because every time I read one of your "lol"s or of your "u"s it gives me a chill. And it doesn't help your credibility if you don't even take the time to write you instead of u.

And you really should look up this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_stop

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You are still being subjective.

if you are bound to use a contract with the same phone and high usage for 2 years its better to get it seperately instead of a bundle
its a fact not my just my opinion
you contract users may get phones cheap by paying a certain sum every month but u are restricted and its sad when u dont get updates etc

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually on your side believing that a free system with compatible networks is much better. In Switzerland you can get a price reduction on your contract when not buying a phone. And this reduction is always higher than what they offer as a price reduction on a new phone. This is mostly because the providers have much higher base prices. To give you a discount that looks like a lot of money, they sell phones contract free for a price that is much higher than a phone would cost in an independent shop.

That's however not the reason I'm posting here. I write because every time I read one of your "lol"s or of your "u"s it gives me a chill. And it doesn't help your credibility if you don't even take the time to write you instead of u.

And you really should look up this article: Full stop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

my apologies, im typing on my phone you see
thats why i cant type as fast or use punctuations as often :)
my typing is perfect when i type from my laptop or pc

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I had an iPhone 5 awhile ago for a short time, and after using it a bit I said that I could easily use an iPhone, except for one thing: the postage stamp size screen. With the rumored larger iPhone 6, that issue is gone.

However, I still do not plan to switch at this point because I'm on prepaid, which means I pay full price for my phones. An iPhone is way too expensive for that. Something like the Nexus line gives me much better value. I also bought a used 920 in mint condition for $125 a few months ago. And that was about the same time a colleague of mine bought one for $99 on contract!

You are correct and I agree with you. I live in the US, but I went contract free about 3 years ago. I spend much less overall than I did with a contract. I also have the freedom to switch providers whenever I feel like it. The US and a few other countries are primarily contract systems, but prepaid is quickly becoming popular here.

The thing about contracts is that it makes it easier to buy a $700 phone up front. Yes, we all know that it ends up costing more in the long run. But it's easier to walk out of a store with a new iPhone that costs $200 than $700.

my apologies, im typing on my phone you see
thats why i cant type as fast or use punctuations as often :)
my typing is perfect when i type from my laptop or pc

Hmmm, with the latest smartphone keyboards that's not really a good excuse anymore is it? :smile:

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
if you are bound to use a contract with the same phone and high usage for 2 years its better to get it seperately instead of a bundle
its a fact not my just my opinion
you contract users may get phones cheap by paying a certain sum every month but u are restricted and its sad when u dont get updates etc

Better is subjective. Updates don't matter to average consumers in the first place.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5 awhile ago for a short time, and after using it a bit I said that I could easily use an iPhone, except for one thing: the postage stamp size screen. With the rumored larger iPhone 6, that issue is gone.

However, I still do not plan to switch at this point because I'm on prepaid, which means I pay full price for my phones. An iPhone is way too expensive for that. Something like the Nexus line gives me much better value. I also bought a used 920 in mint condition for $125 a few months ago. And that was about the same time a colleague of mine bought one for $99 on contract!

You are correct and I agree with you. I live in the US, but I went contract free about 3 years ago. I spend much less overall than I did with a contract. I also have the freedom to switch providers whenever I feel like it. The US and a few other countries are primarily contract systems, but prepaid is quickly becoming popular here.

The thing about contracts is that it makes it easier to buy a $700 phone up front. Yes, we all know that it ends up costing more in the long run. But it's easier to walk out of a store with a new iPhone that costs $200 than $700.

Hmmm, with the latest smartphone keyboards that's not really a good excuse anymore is it? :smile:

yeah im still lazy while typing on my phone though :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes