06-16-2014 12:25 AM
31 12
tools
    Everyone,
    I have some sad news to report. Due to poor snapchat notifications on 6snap and the app situation (banking and a pesky work app that would be useful to always have), I have just purchased an Iphone 5c. I still fully support the WP platform and I will hang onto my Icon and may someday return back to it. I wish you all well and I'll still be around! I've been with Windows Phone through the HTC Trophy, Lumia 928 and now the Icon. It is just time to try something new.
    06-13-2014 06:11 PM
    I'm sorry that you've been having issues with your WP. Hope you enjoy your iPhone. :)
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-13-2014 06:14 PM
    Good luck -- I will likely try something similar in a few months. Do you have any iOS experience? I have minimal, so it's a daunting prospect in its own way. :)
    06-13-2014 06:19 PM
    Your choice not mine. Personally, I got tired of Apple in 6 months.

Went from iPhone 4s (64GB), to Nokia Lumia 928/Samsung Galaxy S3(work), to Nokia Lumia 1020, to Nokia Lumia 1520.

I hope your needs are satisfied with Apple.
    06-13-2014 06:19 PM
    I'm sorry that you've been having issues with your WP. Hope you enjoy your iPhone. :)
    Steve would not have let that
    06-13-2014 06:20 PM
    Good luck -- I will likely try something similar in a few months. Do you have any iOS experience? I have minimal, so it's a daunting prospect in its own way. :)

I have an iPad 3, and IOS is pretty good, so I think IOS is pretty good on the phones. If you have any questions about it, ask me, because I have an iPad, surface, and WP. :)
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-13-2014 06:22 PM
    I have some. I have an old Ipod that I used for a few months.
    06-13-2014 06:32 PM
    Thanks for everyone's support! I am just seeing if I like ios better!
    06-13-2014 06:33 PM
    Me too
    I will keep my Lumia 720
    But purchase iphone 6
    :(
    Hope for wp success
    06-13-2014 06:40 PM
    Well IOS is good and a more stable and mature platform, you'll find better apps on it. Only thing that you might not like is the small 4 inch screen and not so live icons, plus IOS is kinda closed so no funky stuff. Apart from that, you might like it
    06-13-2014 07:06 PM
    You will fall in love with iOS. The ecosystem is mature. And almost lacks anything in the App Store and the hardware is Solid.

The Company that I work for uses Apple Devices. That's why I know something about Apple.

But for me I use Everything Windows 8 at home.

Sad to see you go. But keep following MSFT. Things over here are getting better not worst.

Enjoy your new experience.
    06-13-2014 07:11 PM
    Don't worry! I still will still stick with Windows 7 and 8! I cannot go for a mac computer! I despise them! I might even use the Icon for gophone use....I don't know yet
    06-13-2014 07:31 PM
    The only thing Apple has got going for it is apps. The os is a disgrace
    Jorge Holguin likes this.
    06-14-2014 01:22 PM
    What's there to be sad about... You're switching phones, not leaving the planet
    06-14-2014 01:41 PM
    The only thing Apple has got going for it is apps. The os is a disgrace
    Seriously? I am a Microsoft fan just like everyone else but that statement is a little ridiculous. My wife has a iPhone 5, I use a 5gen Ipod touch for music, and I use an Ipad Air for work. The OS is fine. Each OS has their own niche, but to say any of them are bad is disingenuous. When Microsoft can even get their own music app correct you can say iOS is garbage.
    06-14-2014 01:46 PM
    Seriously? I am a Microsoft fan just like everyone else but that statement is a little ridiculous. My wife has a iPhone 5, I use a 5gen Ipod touch for music, and I use an Ipad Air for work. The OS is fine. Each OS has their own niche, but to say any of them are bad is disingenuous. When Microsoft can even get their own music app correct you can say iOS is garbage.

iOS is incredibly bland and lacking in functionality. It's not bad, just basic. This is clearly desirable to the average person, but for anyone who needs more from their phone than the basic working environment of IOS, there's android and WP to an extent.
    Shobin Drogan likes this.
    06-14-2014 07:52 PM
    Well IOS is good and a more stable and mature platform, you'll find better apps on it. Only thing that you might not like is the small 4 inch screen and not so live icons, plus IOS is kinda closed so no funky stuff. Apart from that, you might like it

Well the next iPhone will probably be bigger...
    06-14-2014 08:56 PM
    IOS is fine, but boring, itunes is such a pain in the *ss...just got rid of my 4s a month ago and I couldn't be happier with my new lumia 1020.
    I still have my boring ipad for banking but that's about it ;p
    06-14-2014 10:01 PM
    even i have a lumia 720,nexus 7 and ipad 2 as my daily devices best of all three
    06-15-2014 02:09 AM
    Should a person buy a phone for its apps or functionalities [performance and/or quality]?
    I've been dying to ask this question to many in the blogosphere and to those like boothes18. I respect and understand some of your frustrations, but if you are going to choose a phone for its apps I have an old clunked Samsung phone in my drawer that I am selling for $10 bucks. I totally understand a teen that is looking for apps like Snapchat, Whatsapp, Instagram and others just like it, the need to keep the status and silly communication all its "friends" are using to be on the hip. But, something that grim my gears its to hear and adult acting like a kid, judging a phone for its apps. If apps is what are you looking for get an iPhone 4, Galaxy 2 or 3. If you want to try other phone for what it offers then I don't have any issue with that I've done it but at the end always came back to WP.
    Neo Nuke and M L like this.
    06-15-2014 11:22 AM
    I look at it this way, Windows Phone 8.1 is the 2015 Chrysler 200. It now puts it on par with all the mid size sedans. All car manufacturers mid size sedans right now are perfectly good cars- from a Camry to a Malibu. There are a few things here and there that one may offer over the other but for the most part because of competition they all are good. I feel the same way about Kit Kat, iOS7 and now WP8.1 All 3 are good phone operating systems. There may be some app issues but for the most part you can't go wrong with any of them.
    06-15-2014 12:28 PM
    And I was afraid something really sad has happened.

Enjoy your new phone.

iOS is incredibly bland and lacking in functionality. It's not bad, just basic. This is clearly desirable to the average person, but for anyone who needs more from their phone than the basic working environment of IOS, there's android and WP to an extent.
    I wonder about the missing functions of iOS though...
    06-15-2014 12:57 PM
    I'm still missing a few apps that could help me at work! We do have apps but most are in beta.....at least the good ones! In IOS and android there in beta for maybe a month then official release! For WP , if it comes, comes out in beta......and stays in beta....sucks! Not all site are set up for mobile hence an app! We buy phones to see if they work for us whether it be size ,os,ecosystem etc! At what market share will devs and consumers really start taking WP seriously?
    06-15-2014 12:58 PM
    I'm still missing a few apps that could help me at work! We do have apps but most are in beta.....at least the good ones! In IOS and android there in beta for maybe a month then official release! For WP , if it comes, comes out in beta......and stays in beta....sucks! Not all site are set up for mobile hence an app! We buy phones to see if they work for us whether it be size ,os,ecosystem etc! At what market share will devs and consumers really start taking WP seriously?
    10% probably.
    06-15-2014 01:07 PM
    No doubt Separate But Equal type developers has not given their best effort when it comes to building apps for WP. TuneIn Radio is a prime example. They don't even plan to do better. The other platforms have a paid version but WP still doesn't. And the last time this app was updated was December 2013. It drops connection. Frequent restarts and clipping all day long and because it is free, TuneIn isn't motivated in the slightest to do better. They could do a better job but many are flat out lazy and it shows on the platform. So OP your news isn't sad. Toy apps like snapchat are simply not that important to spend money in a new platform for me. What is sad is that snap chat is worth anyone forking over the money in a new platform to use it. I gotta believe there is more to this story but its all about you. My friends would have to get over themselves. Fortunately, my friends are all adults. :)
    Jorge Holguin and SeeVuPlay like this.
    06-15-2014 06:05 PM
31 12