Anyone bailing for the iPhone 6 or 6+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If you call the ip6 a game changer, then MS/Nokia released a game changer long ago with the 1520. Basically what the IP6 is But better!

As soon as Microsoft releases a 64 bit phone with a 64 bit platform and a fingerprint reader I might be inclined to return, but until then I'm getting an iPhone 6+ on Friday.

deenizzy74

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Fingerprint readers is old tech it will eventually become something that someone can still your identity with on another level. The iPhone is not a game changer it's just catching up with the rest of the smart phone world. The I phone is just popular not innovative. 64 bit is good for a IPhone but our 32bit windows phones perform just as well if not better. The I phone just got NFC android and windows phone has been rocking NFC for awhile now but now that the iPhone has it now it's "popular" "innovative":) apple makes good hardware but not the best. Apple is smart in that they have become part of pop culture, they are a household name, it's part of the trend to rock a iPhone even in Hollywood.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Fingerprint readers is old tech it will eventually become something that someone can still your identity with on another level. The iPhone is not a game changer it's just catching up with the rest of the smart phone world. The I phone is just popular not innovative. 64 bit is good for a IPhone but our 32bit windows phones perform just as well if not better. The I phone just got NFC android and windows phone has been rocking NFC for awhile now but now that the iPhone has it now it's "popular" "innovative":) apple makes good hardware but not the best. Apple is smart in that they have become part of pop culture, they are a household name, it's part of the trend to rock a iPhone even in Hollywood.

Right, capacitive fingerprint readers are old tech and 32 bit preforms just as well as 64 bit. ;)
Your very funny.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Right, capacitive fingerprint readers are old tech and 32 bit preforms just as well as 64 bit. ;)
Your very funny.

Actually, fingerprint scanners ARE old technology, judgeing by your response you were probably not around in the early 90s to have one on your laptop computer. And they are no longer there because they were and are unreliable. My Father's IP5 scanner worked only about 40% of the time, and got so annoying that it's shut off. Then theres 64 bit. Yes, it could be a good feature if ANY PROGRAMS or APPS actually used it. That's a smoke and mirrors spec by apple to make you think your getting a super fast phone, when my "un revoloutionary", un hip in the eyes of holywood (god help me), nokia windows phone is just as fast and smooth as anything released from the great minds at Cupertino.

Next up, REALLY? You buy a phone because HOLYWOOD thinks their cool? Really? that is the lamest most ******'ish reason to buy anything I have ever heard.

That's too funny! I almost snorted beer out my nose when I read that. ha ha ha.

I agree with the above. We had NFC for ages, but lordy lordy look was is "new and revoloutionary" in the land of the turtle neck, NFC. Everyone else stole that idea 2 years ago from apple....ha ha ha. I am going to sell black turtle necks with apple logos on them for 150 a piece because they have a built in new revolutionary neck warmer.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Att has broken presale records on new iPhones......no matter what we say about apples new phones.......none of our windowsphones have ever broken any presale records!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
As soon as Microsoft releases a 64 bit phone with a 64 bit platform and a fingerprint reader I might be inclined to return, but until then I'm getting an iPhone 6+ on Friday.

Overly excited about very silly gimmicks being sold to you? I'm sorry, there is nothing Windows Phone has for you. You'd be much better off following Apple or Samsung, they seem to have just what you think you want! ;)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Overly excited about very silly gimmicks being sold to you? I'm sorry, there is nothing Windows Phone has for you. You'd be much better off following Apple or Samsung, they seem to have just what you think you want! ;)

Not gimmicks for me.
Touch ID and 64 bit are two features I currently can't live without.

Actually, fingerprint scanners ARE old technology, judgeing by your response you were probably not around in the early 90s to have one on your laptop computer. And they are no longer there because they were and are unreliable. My Father's IP5 scanner worked only about 40% of the time, and got so annoying that it's shut off. Then theres 64 bit. Yes, it could be a good feature if ANY PROGRAMS or APPS actually used it. That's a smoke and mirrors spec by apple to make you think your getting a super fast phone, when my "un revoloutionary", un hip in the eyes of holywood (god help me), nokia windows phone is just as fast and smooth as anything released from the great minds at Cupertino.

Next up, REALLY? You buy a phone because HOLYWOOD thinks their cool? Really? that is the lamest most ******'ish reason to buy anything I have ever heard.

That's too funny! I almost snorted beer out my nose when I read that. ha ha ha.

I agree with the above. We had NFC for ages, but lordy lordy look was is "new and revoloutionary" in the land of the turtle neck, NFC. Everyone else stole that idea 2 years ago from apple....ha ha ha. I am going to sell black turtle necks with apple logos on them for 150 a piece because they have a built in new revolutionary neck warmer.

Well my digital persona fingerprint scanner from the 90's pales in comparison to Touch ID. First Time I have used a fingerprint reader covered in sapphire, pretty innovative, but I'm talking from first hand experience not he said she said.

Your father is probably using his wrong. ;)

Regarding 64 bit, ios has been 64 bit native since last year, and all apps in the AppStore have been 64 bit since February, you should brush up on current events before contributing nonsense.

Only one bringing up Hollywood is yourself, don't really know why though. Sheep mentality?

Good for you, having NFC for ages, I fail to see the relevance.

Last edited by a moderator:

LiquidLearner

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
64 bit has nothing to do with speed. It has to do with memory support. Since the phone has 1GB of memory the 64 bit architecture means absolutely nothing. In fact, 64 bit programs will use more memory than their 32 bit counterparts to account for the additional memory registers.

When individual apps can use over 3GB of memory on a phone or when the phone ships with over 3.5GB, then it will be worth moving to a 64 bit CPU. If you think any different you have no idea what you're talking about.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am genuinely excited to hear how you wouldn't be able to live without a 64-bit iPhone!

:) if you don't know, pick up an iPhone 6 or 6+ and see for yourself.

The a8 is Apples second generation 64 bit processor and coupled with ios 8 (64bit platform utilizing metal and extensibility framework) with 64 bit apps, it just a very powerful phone in a very small package.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, only a 64-bit sapphire flux capacitor for me! I see now the wisdom in Apple naming their new cable conifg "Lightning" last rev. And now a "Watch!" As soon as battery tech reaches a 1.21 Gigawatt density we'll have the holy grail: a time travelling iHover!

(Dibs on the iHover trademark!)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Not even remotely interested. The last time Apple did something interesting or innovative in my eyes in the mobile phone industry is well over 4 years ago, at the very least.

ahalowell

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, color me gone. I pre-ordered the 6+. Once it arrives I am selling off my Lumia 1020. I never thought I would go back to Apple, but I am. And I am looking so forward to it. Printing from my phone. Excellent!

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
64 bit has nothing to do with speed. It has to do with memory support. Since the phone has 1GB of memory the 64 bit architecture means absolutely nothing. In fact, 64 bit programs will use more memory than their 32 bit counterparts to account for the additional memory registers.

When individual apps can use over 3GB of memory on a phone or when the phone ships with over 3.5GB, then it will be worth moving to a 64 bit CPU. If you think any different you have no idea what you're talking about.

64-bit is about more than more RAM.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm really hoping that Microsoft will announce a few game changers soon as well. Otherwise, their market share will drop and people will lose interest. The 830 and 735 are great, but not what I would call "game changers". Still waiting for Microsoft's smart watch too...

And I'm just waiting for a game changer to land on T-Mobile. But with the continued trend of exclusive devices the Sony Xperia Z3 will probably be my next phone as soon as it comes out as the HTC One for Windows won't be available until around Christmas I presume. Oddly enough Windows Phone has been my first modern OS as I have been here since it debuted. I think its time for something new.

Infamy79

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to buy a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus as my contract is up, just so I can sell it on eBay for the profit.
It is the phone that I would move to if I was going to leave Windows Phone, but I'm not ready to do that just yet. I hate Google/Android so wouldn't consider any phone running that.
If Microsoft drop the ball on Windows Phone 9 and/or don't release any new flagship phones in 1Q of 2015 then I will reconsider my position.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I've always admired Apples innovation and creativity, but I can't justify the price tag. Eight years ago the iPhone was a breath of fresh air, it was new, different, it wasn't Microsoft which seemed to encompass corporate monotony. Even then, as intrigued as I was, I couldn't get over the price point. Apple became a status symbol. The iPhone has been riding the coat tails of past success and impeccable timing. What does the iPhone provide now, that is leaps and bounds better than WP? I see it as the iPhone reached its zenith. I find WP 8.1 more intuitive, more inquisitive. From the peoples hub integration to live tiles providing a visually stimulating gambit of information. Live folders and the best camera technology. Top it off with Cortana, and WP is just getting started. Want to track your cycling, try Bing Health and Fitness. It's the most inclusive fitness app I've used. Despite the barrage of complaints about Xbox music, I still think its better than iTunes, and there's also mixradio. There's nothing that I can't do with the bank app shortcut I pinned to my start screen that an official app could, so its not that serious. WP just seems to have more room for growth and so you have a sort of role reversal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes