10 iPhone 6/iOS 8 Features I'd Like to See in Windows Phone

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
How can we compare the quality of a Photo taken with 8MP camera with 41MP Camera..
Goto the link in the main post and read the 7th option. You will get it.

First of all megapixels aren't everything when it comes to photography.Sorry for not having read the main post, but I just checked it out and some of the stuff that it says isn't possible given the current hardware.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I consider Notification Action as my only desired feature from iOS8 that I wished to come to WP.
Don't care much about camera speed anyway, we already got high quality camera and I'm fine with current speed although faster is better, but we have to wait till Denim to see if it's really faster or not.

ScruffyT

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
1. Reachability (both ios and at least the note for android have this, so i really hope msft adds this in the near future)

2. Notification actions

These are the only two I really care about.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The new iPhones,have faster cameras and at the end of the day after using my 920 I realized that even though it takes great pictures it takes forever for the camera to launch and photo to be captured... And I am comparing it to the iPhone 5 not even the 6

You're comparing an old Snapdragon S4 to a new Apple A8 processor, of course the iPhone is going to be faster at taking pictures. A comparison with the Icon, 930, or 1520 would be more accurate in terms of speed.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Someone should start a thread listing the top ten iOS features we're GLAD we DON'T have...

Like number 1. The missing camera roll

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Switched to the iPhone 6 for many of these features. :)

sadly I may be switching to the galaxy note 4 come my November upgrade if there is not a super compelling nokia lumia 1520 successor, which I seriously doubt. I going to skin android and find a way to make it work, and with android L, with ART things will be better. I hope to sell the GN4, and return to WP9 hardware if MS gets their stuff together.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
sadly I may be switching to the galaxy note 4 come my November upgrade if there is not a super compelling nokia lumia 1520 successor, which I seriously doubt. I going to skin android and find a way to make it work, and with android L, with ART things will be better. I hope to sell the GN4, and return to WP9 hardware if MS gets their stuff together.

get the LG G3 instead!! awesome phone!!

anon(4213556)

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I just want a built in reliable panaroma mode. Reiteration after reiteration and all we have are crappy Lumia stitch photosynth apps. Android and apple makes it so easy. Frustrated that a great Lumia camera has to depend on lousy 3rd party apps for this

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Apple has many features & iOS8 is ahead of WP OS.
But we cannot even compare the Build quality of Nokia Phone with Apple iPhone..
Apple's Build quality is too poor comparing to Nokia (Now MS Mobile)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Apple has many features & iOS8 is ahead of WP OS.
But we cannot even compare the Build quality of Nokia Phone with Apple iPhone..
Apple's Build quality is too poor comparing to Nokia (Now MS Mobile)

Apple has poor build quality? Tell that to all the plastic lumias, and all the lumia lemons and bad quality control. I experienced that with the 900 and 920, and by being on the forums and with my family and friends who I got them to get wp's, I know it still exists.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Tell that to all the plastic lumias, and all the lumia lemons and bad quality control. I experienced that with the 900 and 920, and by being on the forums and with my family and friends who I got them to get wp's, I know it still exists.

Yeah, Nokia might have been super tough with awesome QC years back, but it certainly didn't carry forward into their Lumia line. Perhaps it started getting better, and will continue to get better again under MSs umbrella, but there were problems galore with the WP8 Lumias.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
[WARN]
Thread was cleaned for off topic content
If a thread has a definite subject then it needs to stay on that topic!
[/WARN]

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Someone needs to do something about our Xbox Video app. It is so geared towards selling us their crap, that it is almost useless for our own personally owned TV Shows and Movies. Every thing is thrown into one ugly and messy pile with no organization or aesthetics. iOS organizes it all nicely with the ability to use DVD covers and movie posters to help nicely identify what is what. TV shows are organized into seasons and episodes and help identify what has been watches. Xbox Music was such a mess that they have pit all resources into it and forgot about the Xbox Video disaster.

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I use plex for my local media content, works great, and use Xbox video for purchased content and really have had no problems with it. I have no regrets moving away from iTunes at all.

One other comment on the original post - error free timely updates. Not trying to turn this into an apple bash, but apparently you missed the 8.0.1 ios update that locked users out of their new iPhone6's and no cell connection.

In fact there have been many many serious ios issues in previous releases.

One other comment regarding the nice to have's - I don't want a duplication of each and every feature available on another platform - I want to support my platform, which ever that personal preference happens to be...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon