10 iPhone 6/iOS 8 Features I'd Like to See in Windows Phone

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

The iPhone 6 and iOS 8 in particular have a lot to offer, including some things I'd really like to see in Windows Phone.

1. Family Sharing
2. Health platform
3. Notification actions
4. Continuity
5. Reachability
6. Landscape view
7. A camera that is both fast and high-quality
8. Touch ID
9. A wallet that actually works
10. That one app (JetBlue app)
+
Actual, regular software updates (without errors & waiting for Months to fix it)

All features are detailed here compared to Windows Phone - http://winsupersite.com/mobile/10-iphone-6ios-8-features-id-see-windows-phone

** I am a Windows Phone Fan Now and then. I would like see our platform Improving.

Sorce : Winsupersite

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I can't take it that seriously if they think the camera even compares. Also, it's an apples to oranges comparison at that point anyway. There's effectively one iPhone design versus multiple Windows Phone manufacturers. The camera is one area where a 1020, 1520, Icon, 930, etc are really going to put iOS to shame in quality, editing, capture, the whole shabang.

Strictly speaking from a personal view and how I use my smart device (I have a Nokia 1520), none of those other issues are even of remote concern to me. I use Fitbit for fitness and it syncs wonderfully, the only app I complain about is Audible, which exists but Amazon is not interested in fixing it. I would like to see more things in the Notification slider though, but I imagine those will come in future updates since the groundwork is there.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
#1-Sharing what?

#3-What notifications? What actions?

What do you mean by #4 and #5? Can you explain that a bit? Seems a bit nebulous.

#6, You can do this now. Depends on the app, but you can do it.

#7-Most people say my pics from my 928 are some of the best pics they've ever seen from a phone. When it comes to low-light pics, there's no contest (Xenon flash).

Can you please clarify the above points? I don't want to get into Apple bashing, just asking you to clarify some of those points.

unknow91

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
#1-Sharing what?

What do you mean by #4 and #5? Can you explain that a bit? Seems a bit nebulous.

#7-Most people say my pics from my 928 are some of the best pics they've ever seen from a phone. When it comes to low-light pics, there's no contest (Xenon flash).

Can you please clarify the above points? I don't want to get into Apple bashing, just asking you to clarify some of those points.

#1 : One family account to rule them all! You can link to one AppleID up to 5 family members and everybody can download what the other person has bought

#3 "interactive notifications" just like BB10. You can respond to a message without opening the app (or a calendar appointment or everything else)

#4 Continuity means that you can type one email on your PC and use your smartphone to finish it

#5 Reachability means one-handed mode for large-screen smartphones

#6 the Landscape mode in the iPhone 6+ it's quite nice! It needs more code but it would be nice if almost every app has it

#7 those photos are great just like my 1520 but it's quite slow that's something Nokia must change! And I hope that Denim brings that (apparently it will)

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
#1-Sharing what?

Sharing -
In iOS 8, it has also added a neat Family Sharing feature that lets you share your Tunes (music, movies, TV shows), iBooks, and the App Store purchases with up to six family members, and do so securely.kids don't get your Apple ID and password. When they want to make any purchases, you can configure it so that they have to get explicit permission from you. You can share photos and calendars, and you can find your kids—courtesy of their phone's GPS—on a map at any time.
family_0.jpg
This is one of the best feature in iOS8

Notifications-
get a new email message, text message, or other notification, and the app pops up a standard notification slice at the top of the screen.you can optionally work with the notification in place, without leaving whatever app you're using. can answer an email. Respond to a text. Accept or decline a calendar invite. Snooze and alarm
notifications.jpg

Landscape - abt startscreen & some builtin apps

Regarding Camera the quality side will come to WP.
But speed.. It should be much better

unknow91

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I think I would be happy with just smart playlists, play counts, and star ratings in the music app.

That's everything I need for XBOX Music! They do that I can finally ditch my iPod!

P.S: They could add some kind of music compression just like Apple! That would be great too!

XXERXESG

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
The new iPhones,have faster cameras and at the end of the day after using my 920 I realized that even though it takes great pictures it takes forever for the camera to launch and photo to be captured... And I am comparing it to the iPhone 5 not even the 6

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sharing -
In iOS 8, it has also added a neat Family Sharing feature that lets you share your Tunes (music, movies, TV shows), iBooks, and the App Store purchases with up to six family members, and do so securely.kids don't get your Apple ID and password. When they want to make any purchases, you can configure it so that they have to get explicit permission from you. You can share photos and calendars, and you can find your kids—courtesy of their phone's GPS—on a map at any time.

With the exception of sharing apps and such, WP will do all of that and more. I can set up parental controls that not only restrict their phones, but any other Windows device they may have, including XBox. I can restrict their purchases, what websites they go to, get reports of their activity, find them/their phone among other things. It's called "My Family" and works very well.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
One thing I really love about iOS is their store setup. It is so organized and clean. Everything flows smoothly and you don't have to leave the store to purchase movies(separate Videos app on WP), music(separate Music app on WP), or apps and games(found in the Store on WP). It's a one stop shop displayed beautifully. The WP store situation is waaay behind in that regard.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The new iPhones,have faster cameras and at the end of the day after using my 920 I realized that even though it takes great pictures it takes forever for the camera to launch and photo to be captured... And I am comparing it to the iPhone 5 not even the 6
And the new ?phase detection" autofocus is lighting fast. It's no gimmick there.

harishankarumapathy

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I believe what they say by family share is, the app is free to download by upto 6 family members. For example, I buy music on my phone, my wife, kids etc upto a total of 6 people including me, can download that content for free on their phones. I buy an app and I really like it, my wife can download it for free on her phone. This is very much a deal breaking feature. Not sure how the royalty parts work for the music, but obviously apple has figured it out. If you think, its the same as buying music, and playing it at all the devices you have the account synced to. Like my phone, my PC, may be my xbox, windows 8 tablet etc, etc that all these have to have the same id. In case of family share, the id need not be same, as long as they all are linked together in the same family

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

The iPhone 6 and iOS 8 in particular have a lot to offer, including some things I'd really like to see in Windows Phone.

1. Family Sharing
2. Health platform
3. Notification actions
4. Continuity
5. Reachability
6. Landscape view
7. A camera that is both fast and high-quality
8. Touch ID
9. A wallet that actually works
10. That one app (JetBlue app)
+
Actual, regular software updates (without errors & waiting for Months to fix it)

All features are detailed here compared to Windows Phone - http://winsupersite.com/mobile/10-iphone-6ios-8-features-id-see-windows-phone

** I am a Windows Phone Fan Now and then. I would like see our platform Improving.

Sorce : Winsupersite

The only things that matter to me in this list are continuity and Touch ID. I've already got a 20MP shooter that is arguably better than the 6 and 6+.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As much as I love my Windows Phones (on my 5th right now - HD2, Titan, Lumia 900, Lumia 920, Lumia 1520), I have to agree that Apple has really pushed ahead with iOS8 and made it into more of a platform rather than just an operating system. The upcoming version of Windows (Phone) will have to really be a very big improvement to close the gap. The 10 features mentioned in the article are pretty much spot on and would be a very good start in closing that gap.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
All of those reasons are fine, except for the the fact that you think existing Lumia phones do not have good quality cameras.

Honestly the high end Lumia phones have always maintained their spot of being some of the top dogs when it comes to mobile photography.

Yes the Lumia/Nokia cameras we're slow but Nokia is making them much faster in the Lumia Denim update.

Rest of the stuff is fine.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
1 would be awesome to have.
2 I can't comment, but they have the Bing health and fitness stuff with sync to health vault,
3 is like the natural evolution to notifications so it should be coming. 4.. Eh I think it already sort of does that or is moving towards it.
5, well you bought a big phone, you have to live with the big size. If I wanted something small I would have gotten something smaller. Unfortunately everything smaller nowadays is always weaker.
6 the windows tablets already do this, hopefully its fully combined in win9
7 shot to shot times do need to be quicker, its not so bad with a powerful processor though
8 fingerprint reader? Yeah why not I guess. Everyone has one now.
9 someone's gotta do the convincing...then everyone should end up following the leader.
10 varies by person

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
All of those reasons are fine, except for the the fact that you think existing Lumia phones do not have good quality cameras.

Honestly the high end Lumia phones have always maintained their spot of being some of the top dogs when it comes to mobile photography.

Yes the Lumia/Nokia cameras we're slow but Nokia is making them much faster in the Lumia Denim update.

Rest of the stuff is fine.

We didin't mention about the Quality of the Camera. Ofcourse WP Camera is far better in quality.
We mention about the Speed of the app. App should be more Powerful

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
We didin't mention about the Quality of the Camera. Ofcourse WP Camera is far better in quality.
We mention about the Speed of the app.

Read point number 7 of the original post, the OP says that he wants a fast and high quality camera. Windows Phone already had high quality cameras, but the speed left something to be desired.

Luckily it is being improved with the passage of time.

But as far "WP camera is far better in quality" that my friend, is debatable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes