Can't connect 920 to computer

Zster

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

So when i connect my 920 to my Mac and open the windows phone app the phone is vibrating twice as it is connecting to the computer twice.
Afterwards the windows app says that it can see the phone but something is wrond and i should restart.

I had it connected before and it worked. It started as i updated the Phone app to 3.0.1.

I installed Windows 8 using VMWare Fusion and the official Windows 8 App is telling me the same.
Something is wrong and i should restart the phone and/or try again.

has anybody else experienced these problems?

Naturally i tried to restart. I havent tried hard resetting (three buttons) but tried the soft reset (two buttons) several times.

Zster

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes i'm using the USB Cable that came with the phone.

I've done a lot of googling and i think that this is the problem that people refers in english as "your phone does not play well"-message or something.
As my GUI is in Danish my message is of course something else.

I don't think this is a OSX related problem.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried borrowing a family member or friend's PC?

I am not familiar with Macs, but it sounds like it could be a driver issue.

tangawk

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Exactly the same problem had been driving me mad with a Lumia 925 and 2007 iMac running OS 10.6.7

For some random reason this seems to help: Before connecting your phone, open Image Capture.

Then plug in your phone and watch IC - if your phone pops up in Image Capture you are home and dry. WP app will open (and phone may disappear from Image Capture) but it usually manages to connect. There remain random issue, but opening Image Capture makes it work more than not for me.

Tags: windows phone app, not working, lumia 925 not connecting to Mac

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes