mac sync app crashing over and over

graigsmith

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
ok so like the title says. the windows phone sync app on my mac, crashes over and over.

i can launch the app. but then when i plug the phone it, it crashes.

every single time.

it was working fine till i did a factory reset on my phone.

also internet sharing is not working for me... could the whole issue be the phone?

does anyone know where the windows phone sync app for mac stores it's data? heck if you know where the windows phone sync app stores its data on windows that would probably help.

jfo7404

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I had same problem. I tried deleting the .xml file which didn't work for me either. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and still received the force closes. I then uninstalled the app, rebooted and then reinstalled the app and that combination worked for me.

inffy

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem, I found a fix (atleast this worked for me) from Microsofts community page:

Hi all. We are actively working on a fix for this issue.

If you want to turn off the "sync automatically" setting, you can do it outside the app, no need for quick reflexes/slow computer:

- In Finder, pres cmd-shift-G
- Type the following path into the dialog: ~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Windows-Phone-7-Connector/Data/Library/Application Support/Windows Phone/Devices
- You should see a single folder with a bunch of characters representing your phone, open that folder
- Edit the file named "Sync Configuration.xml"
- Change the value after Setting/Sync On Connect from <integer>1</integer> to <integer>0</integer>

I can't guarantee this will fix the crash in all cases, but as several people have reported it helps them, I thought I'd pass along this info.

teo155

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem, I found a fix (atleast this worked for me) from Microsofts community page:

Hi all. We are actively working on a fix for this issue.

If you want to turn off the "sync automatically" setting, you can do it outside the app, no need for quick reflexes/slow computer:

- In Finder, pres cmd-shift-G
- Type the following path into the dialog: ~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Windows-Phone-7-Connector/Data/Library/Application Support/Windows Phone/Devices
- You should see a single folder with a bunch of characters representing your phone, open that folder
- Edit the file named "Sync Configuration.xml"
- Change the value after Setting/Sync On Connect from <integer>1</integer> to <integer>0</integer>

I can't guarantee this will fix the crash in all cases, but as several people have reported it helps them, I thought I'd pass along this info.

Mine was already "<integer>0</integer>", so i tried to change it to 1, but nothing changed.
Thank you anyway, i'll check that xml file looking for other things may be helpful.

teo155

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I finally solved my problem in this way:
- removing the WP app with AppCleaner (for Mac)
- removing manually the folder com.microsoft.Windows-Phone-7-Connector (which was in ~/Library/Containers/)
- reinstalling WP app from the app store

I think this should work for everyone; thanks for the help!

Ru Das

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
After going crazy with the WP app crashing on my macbook pro, I tried the above method, and it worked!!!!

Thank you so much!!

bowendesign

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This is driving me nuts... can't figure it out. Thanks for the above though, but where's this containers folder? I can't find it to be able to try that solution...

edit; nvm, found it!

edit 2; aaaand NO JOY. This is rubbish. Gah.

Crisdean

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping you had an answer :( Just wondering. Would a virtual machine work with cross drag and drop? Like Parallels or so? Maybe that could help.

Cpfoxhunt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just in case anyone is googling this, I found that deleting the files here worked (although you then have to re sync in full) - ~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Windows-Phone-7-Connector/Data/Library/Application Support/Windows Phone/Devices

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon