Wearing this + traditional watch?

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have my name in for backorder. However I'm still not sure if ill pull the trigger only due to the fact that there is no way ill be giving up on wearing my traditional watches. I figured id wear my watch as I always do, and then the band on the other. That is until... my mom of all people.... said that would look silly. Is she right? lol.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, she's right (my personal opinion of course).

Pete's guide to Band wearing etiquette:-
1) Wear your band (and no watch) as part of your active lifestyle
2) Wear your watch (and not your Band) as part of your social lifestyle

deejohdumb

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
We as humans care way too much about what other people think of us. Why don't you try it out and if YOU like it than keep it up. If YOU don't like it than wear one or the other.

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Sadly I'm coming to the realization that I should hold off. Half the reason I want the band is for the phone integration... if I only wear it during a workout, there's little point. Bugger!

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have aver 35 watches and there is no way I am giving up that investment for a smart band. I got one on release day and am wearing it on my right wrist with a real watch on my left. I like the look and could care less if people think it is too much. No one has made any comments on that. If you want one get it... I have been very happy with mine. Especially the guided workout.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have aver 35 watches and there is no way I am giving up that investment for a smart band. I got one on release day and am wearing it on my right wrist with a real watch on my left. I like the look and could care less if people think it is too much. No one has made any comments on that. If you want one get it... I have been very happy with mine. Especially the guided workout.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have a beautiful Eco-Drive watch that I wear on my left wrist. I would get the Band, but I would hate the redundancy of having the time on both of my wrists. But I may still decie to get one if I can make my way down to a MS store and try one out,

davsug

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
If you don't enable watch mode on the band, then you'll only have 1 watch and a smart band for notifications/health

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
If you don't enable watch mode on the band, then you'll only have 1 watch and a smart band for notifications/health
That may be the best compromise. I don't wear a watch as a fashion statement, I wear them for the functions. I do wish it fit the wrist a bit better than it does, as I think it would be more stylish.

But with watch mode on, I'm not sure as I understand the need for a watch - at least if you're a indoor person. If you're an outdoor person, then the direct sunlight might settle that issue. Watch mode works great at night. Big, lit digits, easy to read.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
There is no way I am switching my automatic watches for a rubber/plastic wrap. I will wear the band as a fitness band when exercising (leaving the watch out), swimming with my diver watch, otherwise wearing probably both.

OliverLx

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I did not wear watches for about 20 years now. My Band now is on my left wrist, because I use a gel pad in front of my right handed mouse.
Furthermore I have the Band display on the inner side as using the touch display with my right hand's finger and reading the display is most comfortable. And nobody else can see my notifications if I don't want to.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I wear my watch on my left wrist and a paracord bracelet on my right wrist. The Band looks like it is about the same size as my paracord bracelet. So I don't see any difference.

If and when I get a Band, I plan on wearing it as my primary time keeping device and a watch for the more social, dressy times.

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am wearing one on each arm. I have a lot invested in mechanical watches and love wearing them. The only issue I have is the band is more comfortable on my left wrist, than my right.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been wondering about this too, but there is no way I'm giving up my black Stiletto eco-drive. I figure if it bothers me too much, I'll just start wearing long sleeve shirts to work to mitigate the look. Work is the only place I ever wear my watch, so it is my only concern. I don't think the people I work with will even notice let alone care.

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Just got the call from Microsoft that they got more in! But, Ive decided that its just too bulky and uncomfortable. I'll wait till version 2

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes I did try it, I stopped at the store a couple times and had it on my wrist until my gf started to think I was obsessing about details too much.... lol. But I'm the same way about hats, sun glasses, clothes, etc. So I'm sure its fine for most people. Version 2 I want to see more of a curved display and band, not so stiff

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised at how many people say it's too bulky and uncomfortable. I'm a watch wearer, so maybe I'm used to it, but to me it's not an issue at all. I guess it's just a subjective thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon