Pimp My Band

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Pimp My Band is very cool. But, maybe this is a coincidence and unrelated, when I tried to use my Starbucks app after installing Pimp My Band, the bar code for my Starbucks card no longer appears, just a black screen. I removed the Starbucks app from my Band and then restored it, but it still didn't work. I did a factory reset of the Band and the bar code reappeared.

UPDATE: After the factory reset and hearing from that my experience may have been unique, I installed Pimp My Band again and installed a favorite lock screen. This time there was no problem with the Starbucks app. Everything has worked as expected for more than 24 hours. Still not sure what caused the Starbucks app to malfunction, but it was clearly not the fault of Pimp My Band.

Last edited:

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know the exact resolution that the app is using? I formatted my wallpaper to 320x106 but at that resolution, the image is slightly stretched. It's very minor but aspect ratio irks mean when the person's face gets stretched skinny.

vy8ao8.jpg

14iocvt.jpg

Attachments

• w6wggy.jpg
    w6wggy.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

cvflowe

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Pimp My Band is very cool. But, maybe this is a coincidence and unrelated, when I tried to use my Starbucks app after installing Pimp My Band, the bar code for my Starbucks card no longer appears, just a black screen. I removed the Starbucks app from my Band and then restored it, but it still didn't work. I did a factory reset of the Band and the bar code reappeared.

Hmm, my Starbucks app worked fine today after installing pimp my band.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know the exact resolution that the app is using? I formatted my wallpaper to 320x106 but at that resolution, the image is slightly stretched. It's very minor but aspect ratio irks mean when the person's face gets stretched skinny.

I emailed the developer and he said the perfect size for the pics is 310x102. So, you were close. :wink:

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
they should make this a built-in feature. definitely makes the Band more "cool" - one of my friends says he is getting one (fruit phone user)

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Update to the app today. Corrects a major flaw with the color of the apps. This color was disconnected from the app update process previously and even reverted back to the default, but it is now incorporated is the save sync process. Plus you can now pick any custom color in the universe to be the app color. Way to go!

Lanceloni

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I whipped up this band background up in Paint.Net BandClouds.png

I also found that the best dimensions are 310x102 (minus 10 pixels for the peek of the tile strip), here is one I made from the Nokia sample pics BandLighthouse.png

Last edited:

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Works perfectly. I was able to put a pic of my wife on it. I had the app crash once while searching OneDrive for the photo, but I was able to restart it and fix it.

I think Microsoft should pay this dev a chunk of change and integrate this app into the main Health app.

BandBackground.png

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Does this work for the Lumia 635? Had it for the Blu Win HD but switched back to my Nokia today. Cannot find the app in the store and when I search for it on the web it says the app is not compatible with my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon