a couple of unexpected use cases

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
#1: I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't sleep with the phone in the room. too easy to get distracted. but it's annoying b/c I have to walk downstairs to check my email, texts, calendar, and weather in the morning. now, when I wake up I stop the sleep function on the Band and right away I get notifications of new emails and text right away. can also check my calendar and the weather. it's awesome!

#2: I'm at home in shorts and a t-shirt with no obvious place to carry my phone. now i just leave it on the wireless charging plate and wait for the band to let me know if anyone important calls/texts/emails. luckily i don't get many calls so it's not a huge risk of missing. and it helps me not to dawdle on twitter/facebook as much as I otherwise would.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like you have a system that works. Not sure I want to visualize the image of you in shorts in the morning but hey, good snort of ammonia will clear my head.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I love the Band's notifications for text messages. When I'm working out at the gym with a trainer, cellphones are forbidden. Plus it's kind of douchey to be texting/calling/emailing during a workout. This is an hour I block out for myself. No distractions. The only thing that bothers me is if my kids need me for any emergency while I'm working out. The Band shows me the texts as they come in and I can glance-then-ignore without worrying. Just a tingle from the haptic feedback is perfect. Wife and kids know that if it's a real emergency they should begin the message with "911". That gets my attention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon