Charging issues after firmware update...

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
My Band is updated tot he latest firmware released last week. and I am having charging issues...

I can't seem to have the Band tell me it is 100% charged. I've tried having it plugged in for about 2 hours twice in the past few days, and the Microsoft Sync program (Windows) never got past 80%, and when I unplugged the Band and looked at the battery icon on the Band, I could see a small sliver of blank space at the top.

Now today... I usually charge my Band when I get up in the morning, while I shower and all that. Well today was kinda hectic, and I forgot to grab my Band from charging on my PC. I can access my PC remotely, and after plugging my Band to my PC at 7am this morning, as of 11:45am the Sync program shows 80% charged. So why, after 4.75 hours of charging does it not say 100%????

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
What does it show on the phone? Turn on clock always on option in the phone settings and then when charging the display shows a % while charging.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I use an iPhone, so I don't think I can do that...

EDIT: So I connected to my PC again... ended up totally closing the Sync program, even from the Taskbar, then opened it again... it found my Band, and said it was at 100%.

D'OH!

But if there is going to be a percentage meter, why does it NOT UPDATE????

Last edited:

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
i had the same issue before the firmware update. No matter how long I left it charging, it would get stuck at 80%. I power cycled my Band and when booted back up it showed 100%.

And I may be telling you something you already know (and may have been implied in realwarder's post), but if you put your band in "Clock Mode" and hook it up to the charger it will tell you the charge %.

merlot2k1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
80% means it's in "Stage 2" of charging. If it's interrupted, it will not attempt to re-start, so it will show 100%.

Is there info about this posted anywhere? Mine was at 80% charging when I left work and hand to unplug it. When I got home, plugged it back in and it took forever to get to 100%.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Is there info about this posted anywhere?

No, it's just general principles of Li-ion charging. I don't know the details of this particular charging chip, but I believe that once the charging cycle is interrupted, it may want to see a lower battery voltage before it attempts to do any more charging.

Some details can be found here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes