Latest Firmware update extended battery life!

PaulC91316

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I updated my band's firmware to the 1.1.2110.0 09R and the battery life is amazing. It went from 2 days to ~5 days.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I haven't measured it out, but yes, I believe it did extend the battery life. I generally place mine on the charger while working at the computer ...and thus it is always operating at a high charge.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, what I can say until now is that I've fully charged it about 28 hours ago and the battery icon has moved down less than I expected. According to the Band Sensor Monitor app, the battery is now at 70%. Usually it was closer to half battery after the same amount of time. So, improvement could well be, five days I doubt it.

Teeceman

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, what I can say until now is that I've fully charged it about 28 hours ago and the battery icon has moved down less than I expected. According to the Band Sensor Monitor app, the battery is now at 70%. Usually it was closer to half battery after the same amount of time. So, improvement could well be, five days I doubt it.

I have to say that I seem to have seen improved battery life as well, after recharging I have worn it for just under 24 hours and the battery life is at 80%. I don't think any increase would amount to 5 days wear but if Microsoft have improved battery even slightly that's a bonus.
I guess I will have to wait to see how quickly it drains down once it's passed the 50% mark to be confident of any improvement.

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I missed my routine charging time the other day and went 36 hours or so when I remembered. At this time I checked to see how close to dead my band was, and it was at 50%. I figured I was mistaken and must have charged it and just didn't remember doing so.

Seeing this thread now I'm not so sure. Perhaps there is an improvement. I'll keep a closer eye on it, but I don't have a baseline from before the firmware update to compare it to, only my normal routine of charging it up once a day so that I never worry about it. I do know I couldn't go 2 full days w/out a charge before the update. Now I'll try to see how long I can go.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I too think the battery life is longer, but not by much. Say 20%. Which when I could get 3 days from it, means now I get about 3.5 days from it.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that I seem to have seen improved battery life as well, after recharging I have worn it for just under 24 hours and the battery life is at 80%. I don't think any increase would amount to 5 days wear but if Microsoft have improved battery even slightly that's a bonus.
I guess I will have to wait to see how quickly it drains down once it's passed the 50% mark to be confident of any improvement.
Not to sound obnoxious but if you have worn it for 24 hours; your usage is consistent from day to day; and the charge has 80% remaining; that does approximate five days. There are 24 hours in a day and 80% reflects a 20% depletion (aka 1/5).

Teeceman

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Well as I said, I will wait to see if it depletes quicker once it got pass the 50% mark... also as indicated it was just under 24 hours.

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I missed my routine charging time the other day and went 36 hours or so when I remembered. At this time I checked to see how close to dead my band was, and it was at 50%. I figured I was mistaken and must have charged it and just didn't remember doing so.

Seeing this thread now I'm not so sure. Perhaps there is an improvement. I'll keep a closer eye on it, but I don't have a baseline from before the firmware update to compare it to, only my normal routine of charging it up once a day so that I never worry about it. I do know I couldn't go 2 full days w/out a charge before the update. Now I'll try to see how long I can go.

My new (actually watched and not thumb-in-the-air) data suggests otherwise. I'm at 42 hours of continuous use and down to 10% battery remaining. I would not call that much of an improvement in my case. I'll continue to watch, certainly, but for now I'd say there isn't a noticable improvement for me. YMMV, of course.

For reference:
I have watch mode on, and only notifications from email, calls, and texts. Brightness is auto and haptic is high. 50-ish emails, 15-ish texts, and 20-ish incoming calls for reference.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My new (actually watched and not thumb-in-the-air) data suggests otherwise. I'm at 42 hours of continuous use and down to 10% battery remaining. I would not call that much of an improvement in my case. I'll continue to watch, certainly, but for now I'd say there isn't a noticable improvement for me. YMMV, of course.

For reference:
I have watch mode on, and only notifications from email, calls, and texts. Brightness is auto and haptic is high. 50-ish emails, 15-ish texts, and 20-ish incoming calls for reference.

Do you enable Sleep monitoring at night? Haptic High may use quite a bit of power too as it's a motor.

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I kinda feel like the battery life is longer, but as somebody else said, maybe only 10-20% longer. But it also takes longer to get charged as well. Ive noticed that the avg time it used to take to get to 80% has increased. To get from 80 to 100 has always seemed to take a long time.

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you enable Sleep monitoring at night? Haptic High may use quite a bit of power too as it's a motor.
I use sleep monitoring (by desire) and have high haptic because of my reliance on glancing at my band (have a 1520, so it's nice not to pull it out of my pocket if I don't need to :) )

PandaCodeRed

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed any increase on my band, but I am incredibly hard on my band and it only ever lasts a day before it needs to be charge.

I keep mine in watch mode, and I usually have my band in run/workout mode for about 2 and a half hours a day. Plus I get around 40 emails and texts daily, and a large amount of fb messages (150+ daily). I charge every night while I sleep, and if I forget it usually dies during one of my workouts.

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't discharged it fully yet, but for example I have charged it completely Tuesday evening (like 8pm-ish) and plugged it into the charger Firday at around 6pm. It still had 50% left (at least watch mode told me so).

But so far I did hardly use it, just for tracking my sleep. Watchmode disabled, Bluetooth disabled most of the time (my phone is on the table at work so I see everything anyways) only like 2x per day for couple minutes to sync the data. So with my "super light" use it should last for about 6 days, way more than I was hoping for :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vichuz121