Iot from a developers point of view

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I thought this article was a good read and just to show you the potentials from a developers point of view. The band is a exciting way into the world Iot and with a SDK for Windows, Android, and iPhone. Any in the article he stats what you get for this $200 band. Which I would think that its is unmatched with any other product available in the market.

"So, for about $200, and leveraging my Azure benefits, I am like a kid in a candy shop. Here’s what I have:
•A crazy amount of sensors (GPS, UV, heart rate, accelerometer, gyro meter, ambient light, microphone)
•“Free” pairing with any major phone platform via the SDK
•More sensors available via the phone
•A myriad of connectivity options ( Bluetooth)
•Local and cloud-based storage
•User accounts, identity services
•Haptic and audio feedback mechanisms
•Multiple interaction surfaces
•Other cloud services (SMS, email, batch processing)
•A human attached to all of the above ◦The ability to create applications on my laptop/PC/tablet that ties these things together

IoT For Humans (and Developers) ? Getting Started with my Microsoft Band - Canadian Developer Connection - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Its almost as the Microsoft band is a Trojan horse to get developers from all walks to develop and not only that use some of Microsoft services (ex Azure App Service, One drive, etc) but also using a cross platform coding Xamarin so they can leverage there app potential as well.

There is not a fitness band out there the can be leverage like the Microsoft band on so many levels.

Last edited:

erichyde43

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Just to be clear...the Band doesn't have NFC or WiFi...It also can't give audio feedback.

But i think version 2 WILL have all of these features (fingers crossed). Microsoft is definitely on to something with the Band, as long as they do get a good amount of developer support.

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear...the Band doesn't have NFC or WiFi...It also can't give audio feedback.

But i think version 2 WILL have all of these features (fingers crossed). Microsoft is definitely on to something with the Band, as long as they do get a good amount of developer support.

Indeed I saw that mistake and forget to take it out, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon