Seizure detector app?

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. Seems to me that with all the available sensors plus pairing with a phone, that the Band would be ideal for this sort of app. I'm thinking that it could detect the seizure, maybe fire off some haptic alerts to try for a response from the wearer, and if no response, fire off a sms message including gps location to one or more people.

It could also do fall alerts and even accident alerts.

Anybody working on anything like this out there? The value is such that it could be a $10 or more app.

nTrud3r

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like a good, potentally life-saving idea. Although I think a part of the watch would have to be implanted in your body (like a pacemaker)

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Great idea, but I'm not sure at what point you cross the line from 'fitness tracker' to 'medical device'. Medical devices are more strictly regulated, and there are considerations like liability.

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I bought a large button phone a while back for my mother that came with a button you wore around your neck. If you pressed it the phone would call a series of numbers programmed into it, and the first that answered would get put on speakerphone so they could hear any noises in the house. Worked pretty well. there's also watches that some companies sell that have gps for ring fencing an elderly person to alert someone if they wander off, and also have fall detection, but they need a monitoring service. As far as I know they are not seen as medical devices.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a cool idea, I think the problem is developing a "profile" of what kind of movement is and is not something to be concerned about.

But as an emergency alert device, there's going to be liability concerns.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon