How can I get my MS Band to export to Strava?

GeordieKermit

May 7, 2015
Visit site
MS Band export to Strava

Hello,

I have signed up to Strava and have used the band to record runs that are automatically uploaded to Strava. However, the "exercises" tile when used - it records time/duration, calories and heartrate. When it uploads to Strava it just sends a duration !! This is hopeless.... I was hoping to store my activities in one place. Does anyone know if this is a limitation of Strava (it is too focussed on gps activities)? or just that the band isn't doing this task properly yet?

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: MS Band export to Strava

Are you saying that you are using the Band's Exercise tile to record your runs? That is fine for an indoor run on a treadmill, but when you are running outside, you should use the run tile and before you go you should turn on "run with gps".

GeordieKermit

May 7, 2015
Visit site

Hi. thanks for the reply. Nope....I mean I'm using Exercise tile to just do a workout (say weights). The interesting data is heart-rate (along with the Time and Calories). When it is sent to Strava...I can pick the type of activity as "weightlifting" or whatever....but the data imported is just time...so "11minutes 3 seconds". On MS Health I get to see the heartrate plot which is what I assumed it would send to Strava.

When using the run tile....it sent the run fine to Strava..... although (and this is a separate bug)... the distance (it was a half-marathon) was half a mile different...and a different pace/time from the the data on the band (and MS Health).

frustrating all-round ! My previous favourite site was Runtastic - great for running, sports, gym sessions etc. I decided to move to Strava as the MS Band doesn't partner with them.

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Strava is not really setup for that. I haven't messed around with its multi-sport stuff, but generally its setup for runs and bike rides.
If you want one place for everything, just look at the MS Health app.

GeordieKermit

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Yep....the MS Health thing is fine - but the way it shares to Facebook is awful ( I know that shouldnt be a big deal - but it doesnt show pace and map in an interactive way like EVERY other app!)...and also you can't export the run files to import elsewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon