Band Power Issues (Turning off, charging process)

Diego Alejandro

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,

I'm having a rare issue with my band. Two weeks ago I noticed when I plug the charger, my band start the charging process, but after 30 secs, the band stop charging, the band knows is plugged, but I have to disconnect it and plug again to restart the charging process. I think is not a cable related issue. Sometimes I have to disconnect and plug again up to 5 times to get an stable charging process.
Since then, always after complete the charging process, band vibrate and turn off 10 to 60 secs after unplugging it, so I have to turn it on again.

I see the band is working fine after this, battery life is 2 to 2 1/2 days without workout. But yesterday I noticed the band vibrates and turned off after selecting "sleep mode", with 50% remaining battery.

Band is 5 months old, it's in a very good status, no corrosion or physical damage, except for peeled battery caps (design problem). All sensor are working great, but I'm worried about this power issue.

Anyone had any problem like this?

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly my problem if not worse. I can't even get mine to stay on for more than 30 sec regardless of what I do.

CrisZoe

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Had the same exact issue. Took it to the MS store and they replaced it on the spot with no issue. If you don't have a local store, call support and they'll swap it out.

Diego Alejandro

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, It looks like Power control is not working as it should. Yesterday, with battery at 90%, after 23 workout minutes the band again vibrates and turned off. I Turned it on 5 times, and always went off again.

wp_ss_20150923_0007.jpg

It looks like the band is unable to keep power-hungry modes I use: Running, Sleep and exercise. And I see power issues are very common, as well the battery cover peeling, that also happened in my band. All other hardware, including screen, microphone, gps, and other hardware are working flawless.
I didn't care about battery cover peeling, as I bought "Armor Suit Battery Covers", but power issues are irritating.

I think I'm going to send it to repair this saturday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes