Trade in old band

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
If our old band breaks down will we be able to get the new band with our old warranty? Mine is on its last legs having trouble switching screens and the buttons are failing to work. What will happen mine is only 6 months old will they honor the warranty with the new band? :sweaty:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If our old band breaks down will we be able to get the new band with our old warranty? Mine is on its last legs having trouble switching screens and the buttons are failing to work. What will happen mine is only 6 months old will they honor the warranty with the new band? :sweaty:
The first Band was a prototype. Made of materials that are not resistant to very much. I like the Band but won't buy this Band again. Moreover, I am in no major hurry to get Band 2. I'll wait at least 6 months after launch to decide. If something comes along I want to try, I'll be a good bit longer. The good news is you can head to Microsoft and exchange it. Its what I had to do. I'm glad to have it back but come December, I know I'll be back here again.
And ahh, no, you won't get a new Band 2 lol.

lpc30000

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the complete on my band until March next year and I hope they will run out of the first gen band so I can get a band 2 for replacement:winktongue:

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I just got our bands from Best Buy about two months ago. We both sprung for the two year replacement warranty. So maybe in a couple years band 3 will be out and our band 1s will break.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I suspect your band will break well before that, In 1 year I have gone threw 4 bands for various reasons so prepared, suggestion take it to a Microsoft Store they will swap it out on the spot no waiting I did it once by Microsoft customer service and it took forever to get it. Just so friendly advice :wink:

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I suspect your band will break well before that, In 1 year I have gone threw 4 bands for various reasons so prepared, suggestion take it to a Microsoft Store they will swap it out on the spot no waiting I did it once by Microsoft customer service and it took forever to get it. Just so friendly advice :wink:

Yeah, but at least you got it! I got turned down for "excessive wear". Absolutely agree that the original issue Band will be lucky to last a year, and I definitely recommend going to a MS store rather than customer service. I'm hoping Band 2 will be more durable.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the warranty trade-up option will be available to me at the MS Store. I don't think I'll be buying the new one - that $50 bump in price was enough to dissuade me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes