Covering charging dock

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello again,

Finally i got my band through Ebay GSP. I've got a question about the charging dock. I saw a lot of complaints that it deteriorates from moisture and sweat over time so i found a DIY solution and i would like to ask if it won't interfere with the band sensors (galvanic skin response to be specific, as it uses the charging dock to measure). What if i would cover the dock with a specially designed sticker after each charging? I could buy lots of those stickers and would cover it and remove before charge. That should stop sweat and moisture but is the GSR sensor used to calculate calorie burn? Would it harm my readings in any way? What do You think?

Kilika_g35

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought the ArmorSuit Screen and Full Body Skin Protector off Amazon (Link). It came with a sticker specifically for the GSR sensor, around the charging contact. My Band charged fine with the sticker on there and it didn't seem to alter the Band's sensing capabilities. So, depending on the sticker material, you may not have to switch it out every time you charge your Band. Although you may want to keep a few extras on-hand, in case it decides to fall off. :) Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes