How can I see the skin temperature?

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Skin temperature

Noticed one of the sensors on the B2 (and B1) is skin temperature. What I haven't noticed is where I can see this temperature on the display. Maybe it's used for internal things? Maybe some feature not yet available? Maybe I'm just skipping over it?

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Skin temperature

Noticed one of the sensors on the B2 (and B1) is skin temperature. What I haven't noticed is where I can see this temperature on the display. Maybe it's used for internal things? Maybe some feature not yet available? Maybe I'm just skipping over it?
Had skin temp on the Band 1 too (just noticed you mentioned Band 1 as well). Unfortunately, the reading could not be "seen" on the Microsoft Health app or website. A developer released an app that allowed one to see readings from ALL the sensors, real-time. And that showed the skin temperature readings. But, the app seemed to get pulled at some point, because I could no longer load / find it after installing WP10 Preview builds.
I'm sure they have plans for it at some point. When I did track skin temp (on the aforementioned app), it was generally reading low by a few degrees.

insight3fl

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

Had skin temp on the Band 1 too (just noticed you mentioned Band 1 as well). Unfortunately, the reading could not be "seen" on the Microsoft Health app or website. A developer released an app that allowed one to see readings from ALL the sensors, real-time. And that showed the skin temperature readings. But, the app seemed to get pulled at some point, because I could no longer load / find it after installing WP10 Preview builds.
I'm sure they have plans for it at some point. When I did track skin temp (on the aforementioned app), it was generally reading low by a few degrees.
There is an app that may be the one you are referring to that I have called "Band Sensor Monitor". You can choose which ones you want to show: Skin Temp, UV, HR, Ambient Light,Pedometer, and battery. It also keeps a log of the readings.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Was it still reading low after adding a degree for skin temp taking?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Was it still reading low after adding a degree for skin temp taking?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Are you saying that taking skin temp versus mouth (internal) is off by a degree or so? If you are, I didn't know that, but it makes sense! No, I was not adding a degree to the readings.......so probably more accurate than I thought! Good to know......

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

There is an app that may be the one you are referring to that I have called "Band Sensor Monitor". You can choose which ones you want to show: Skin Temp, UV, HR, Ambient Light,Pedometer, and battery. It also keeps a log of the readings.

That's the one I was referring to. I think it used to be free, and now costs $1.99......perhaps that's why I "lost" it when I went to WP10 preview.

insight3fl

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

Pretty good app for routine monitoring of the band sensors. I think it was worth $2:00. Right now, I am happier with that program than I am with the Band! :)

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Are you saying that taking skin temp versus mouth (internal) is off by a degree or so? If you are, I didn't know that, but it makes sense! No, I was not adding a degree to the readings.......so probably more accurate than I thought! Good to know......

Sorry for the late reply, but yes when taking a temperature under the arm for example, you must add a degree for the right reading.

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

DroadUser42 is quite correct, the temperature sensor is sensitive to lots of external factors. We use it in our internal algorithms quite a bit, but we do not display the number.

Developers writing phone apps have full access to the sensor through our SDK, but for the time being that is the limit of its direct exposure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon