Watkins Glen International Raceway

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
See the attached ...This is how my band is inspiring me, I have never been to USA let alone to Watkins Glen International Railway station, absolutely no clue how big or small it is, considering everything in USA is big, assume this can't be small.

My point is, this is rather patronising however the logic behind is good therefore MS should keep it but it should be customised and localised to the customer's country of residence. So message will be more meaningful to the user. I am sure MS has their global maps so they should be able to easily integrate this feature.

Screenshot_2015-11-25-06-33-21-1_resized.png

Arun3

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, at least it is showing the distance in km, and not miles... ;) Plus, now you know about Watkins Glen International raceway! MS is trying to make you smart :p

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Oh yes.. Cheers buddy, my last formal Geography test was during my A/L exam. That was many moons ago.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Don't see how its patronizing, it gives you the distance you walked and used a point of reference to make the point. Just because you never heard of it doesn't make it patronizing, a normal person might actually be curious to know what the location referenced is all about and would gain some knowledge of some other part of the world. I've never been to New Zealand but my fitbit told me I have walked an equivalent distance as the length of the country (over a period of time), that's an interesting factoid rather than a patronizing remark.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Bing-a-holic now.

Every day when I fire up my computer and open my browser, I go to the Bing Image of the day. There are info boxes embedded in the pic that give me great stuff to learn about the subject of the picture. Then I do my Daily Offers which are searches really. I find out some cool and useful things this way as well.

Point is, they are not all immediately relevant to me. They are International in scope.

Stick with it. I bet it isn't the same every time. FWIW, I don't mind the irrelevancies. They can be fun.

BTW you do know the size of Watkins Glenn International Raceway. Band 2 advised you it is approximately 5.36 kilometers each circuit.

Here's an overview...

Capture02.jpg
Capture.png

The Finger Lakes Region of New York State is beautiful. Well worth a visit. I lived in NY State for years.

Maybe you can share some great sites in your area or where you have visited? Especially if Band 2 brings them round.

Happy internetting. :cool:

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I guess it would be a nice touch but personally I don't think I would find it offensive or patronizing if it told me I walked the distance of the nurburgring, or as if I played a game of tennis at Wimbledon.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
European and South American Grand Prix F1 racing fans would know about Watkins Glen but granted that was over thirty years ago.

I'm guessing that some Microsoft software engineer decided to add a NASCAR reference for the Gen X Bubbas who might be using the Health app. Why pick Watkins Glen though unless he liked Cheez-Its. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander