Scared to pull the trigger

jdg1band2

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I have been eyeing the band 2 since the release announcement. Matter of fact I almost pre-ordered one. Then came the discussions about the Microsoft sizing charts not being accurate. Based on the charts it was pointing me towards a large. I waited till my local Microsoft Store got in their displays and found out I actually needed a medium. I still didn't pick one up because I stereo to see issues popping up in this and similar forums. From inacturate heart rate monitoring, defective gps, super short battery life, dead watches, charging issues, and now mysterious cracking screens, all this has me nervous about purchasing what I feel would have been the perfect product for me. I want to get active again and the band 2 with all its health tracking and exercise assistance would be perfect. I started looking at the gear S2 and found on on Craigslist that w a s to good a deal to pass up ($120 and sold my first Gen moto 360 for $100 for a net of $20 for the S2). I still really want the band 2 but I feel the mounting issues are to many. I know that I could get the $39 device protection but based on all the issues I'm reading about that shouldn't be nessesary. I know the forums probably represent a smaller percentage of all the actual purchases but I've never won the lottery but I feel there is a high probability of getting not just one defective unit but potentially a few before getting the perfect device. Not sure a software update can fix all the noted issues. I'm afraid I will have to wait for a band 3 if Microsoft even decides to continue with the line.

Victor Engel

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Well, this is the issue with these forums. Whilst for most of us superinteresting ...at the end of the day we write about our issues and that lets potential new buyes hesitate. I got mine last week and I have to say that I am absolutely happy with my device. I am aware that I got a brand new Microsoft device and as with all other Microsoft solutions it is not defect free. But as per Microsofts banana strategy (the solution matures in the clients hand) I am absolutely convinced that in a few weeks I will have a sweet and juicy banana in my hand.

I would go for it ...c'mon, pull the trigger. It's a great device! :devil: :smile:

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I preordered mine and have been using it since release date. I love it, and I've been getting a good idea what i need to change to get fitter. If you expect 100% accuracy, well no device can do that, so be realistic and i doubt you'd be disappointed.

The battery life thing really confuses me. You can't wear it in the shower, so that's a great time to charge. I charge daily while i showering and then eating breakfast. Keep the auto watch off and only turn on gps when you need it, i never go below 30% before the next charge and usually unplug it in the 90s.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
These websites draw not only enthusiasts, but also people who have had problems. So who knows how many people have trouble. But I'd guess it's less than represented on Windows Central and sites like it.

I've had mine a week. So far so good.

jdg1band2

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm gonna wait till I get my tax refund and see if the performance and reliability gets better or the price drops. I'm wanting one so bad but I have more important bills to pay rather than splurge now. My Gear S2 will suffice for now.

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I had so badly wanted one of these. I can deal with the step counts being short or the HR monitor not working as well as it should but this battery shut down is a real concern to me because then the entire thing is totally useless. Besides what I've seen in the forums, I found this article: http://winsupersite.com/microsoft-band/psa-microsoft-band-2-battery-issue-reports-starting-mount.
I've read a lot of articles about the band not working at all unless it is plugged into the charger.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
As others have said, forums, such as this, tend to bring people who have issues and are looking for answers or just venting. I suspect that the percentage of real issues is lower than what is represented, here. As for me, I've had mine for about 2 weeks and have no issues. The step count may be out, but most people are comparing the Band to other trackers. Who knows which one is more accurate (most likely, neither). Same for HR, I get occasional spikes on the band, when exercising, but they are rare. The past few days, at the gym, I have been checking the band against taking my pulse and found it, overall, to be quite accurate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon