Using GPS data from your phone?

kopte3

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that during some(or all) activity Band uses GPS data from a phone?

For example i would like to go biking for a few hours with my phone in a backpack. I would like to save as much battery as i can. Is there a way i can tell Band to use the GPS data from my phone?

If there is no way to do it, is it possible to implement it in some future software update (i'm looking at you devbent:grin:)?

Thanks!

Snoke

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
No, but you could just use your phone and go direct to MapMyRide or Strava for your bike ride data if the ride is too long for the band.
Or you could use the band for the first 3 hours. Then shut it down and use the phone for the rest.
Neither are ideal I know, but it depends on the data your really interested in capturing what if any option will help.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
No, but you could just use your phone and go direct to MapMyRide or Strava for your bike ride data if the ride is too long for the band.
Or you could use the band for the first 3 hours. Then shut it down and use the phone for the rest.
Neither are ideal I know, but it depends on the data your really interested in capturing what if any option will help.

You could track your walks/runs/rides using the Microsoft Health & Fitness app and your Lumia phone before Microsoft pulled the app last year. It also had a decent food tracker and a workout scheduler.

It was a pretty good app. It's too bad that not enough Lumia phones sold in in right demographic to generate much of a following. If the app had also been available on iOS and Android, who knows what might have been.

kopte3

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Why not just use the phone for the GPS and Band for everything else and then sync it to MS Health? I'm sure it's possible, it just needs a software update.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Why not just use the phone for the GPS and Band for everything else and then sync it to MS Health? I'm sure it's possible, it just needs a software update.

I think the idea behind putting GPS in the fitness band is so that you don't have to carry your phone around.

If you really needed to do that, the Apple Watch works that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes