Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Morning I titled this post my band because I can say it helped save my life last night. Around 7:30pm last night I was watching a movie I started to sweat a lot maybe it was the hot sauce I had with those wings but then a sharp pain in my chest, heavy breathing found it hard to move, this isn't normal I said so I quickly touched my band checked my heart rate it was at 100 and going up acquired rate at 130 I told my wife something is wrong, she grabbed some ice low dose aspirin a cold towel on my chest and head, kept checking my band rate started to go down acquired at 110 breathing slowly rate went down to 95 after about 15-20 minutes. What if I didn't have my band maybe I should have called 911 but the roads were blocked due to the snow storm, sorry for such a long story but I thought I would share this in case anyone else had a similar story, I use my band for everything so I'm more attached to it now. Thanks for listening.

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Wonderful story.. Anything to love the band... However not sure whether your story is adding up buddy...

If someone was having a heart attack.. I am not sure how a cube of ice, a cold towel on the chest and 75mg Asprin going to prevent the heart attack.

Taken Asprin orally.. It takes at least 40 min to have any effect.. Whilst Asprin have blood thinning properties it may be too late in an acute heart failure.

If you said you used GTN spray under your tongue it would have made more positive effect.

An ice cube and a wet towel.. Rather new to me in an acute heart failure.

Buddy, most probably you were having a panic attack after seen a tone up Man/Woman on TV who had put the Band to good use.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Take it easy Labs.. I am just as glad.. What I said was, when someone is having a real cardiac arrest.. A wet towel on the chest is not the answer.. It's 911 or 999 in the UK with plenty of compressions.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Don't know what indiW's problem is, but I'm glad you're ok, Clive.

You would understand more if you go look at his posts.
He does nothing but troll the forum and every thread he enters with negativity.

For someone so dissatisfied I'm amazed at his persistence (and possibly ignorance) for sticking with his band for so long. By his account it does nothing correct, never works, hardly charges, etc.....
Yet he still sticks around here to complain about it every post.

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Take it easy Labs.. I am just as glad.. What I said was, when someone is having a real cardiac arrest.. A wet towel on the chest is not the answer..

I think there is an assumption that the OP was having an MI. He never stated this. It is possible he was experiencing a run of tachycardia related to: GI irritation, anxiety, SVT, or another cause.

Stimulating a vagal response, decreasing heart rate, can be accomplished by several methods. Bearing-down is the most common but dunking ones head in ice water is another well know option.

Regardless, it is important that the OP follow up with a physician ASAP if this is a new experience. Often times it can be an isolated incident, otherwise it can be signs of an electrical issue which is very treatable.

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
OP, I'm glad that your episode passed and that your Band was able to capture the event. While heart rate is important, please don't use I as a determining metric when experiencing chest discomfort or other cardiac symptoms. If you aren't already familiar with how to do so, you should learn to take your pulse manually. More important than rate is the quality. Is it strong (good), bounding (concern), weak (concern), or thready (bigger concern). You also want to know if it is regular (evenly spaced) or irregular (fast then slow or pausing).

All of that aside, you can have a normal feeling pulse and still be experiencing cardiac insult. Don't ignore the other signs/symptoms. Be healthy 😊.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Take it easy Labs.. I am just as glad.. What I said was, when someone is having a real cardiac arrest.. A wet towel on the chest is not the answer.. It's 911 or 999 in the UK with plenty of compressions.

Agreed. The sympathetic part of my personality beat the logical part to my response. Ha ha

Glad he is ok, though.

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
@Tennisguy45, To be honest you are kind of correct.. I have also reflected on my posts and most seem to carry a negative tone, however all the negative points I have put forward are the ones actually affecting my band.

(1) Charging.. I have no issues, in fact I am getting almost 48hrs.. Perfect

(2) Most calories burnt.. Problem. Mine is stuck at 799.. Doesn't matter how much calories I burn it doesn't change.

(3) Step count.. Problem. There are more than 3000 steps difference between my phone and band. However I don't know which one is accurate.

(4) Treadmill use.. Problem. Band cannot keep up with speed changes.. Other users have also noted this.

(5) GPS accuracy.... Fantastic

(6) Rubber wrist strap... Problem. Less than two months and regardless most delicate of use, very clear worn-out signs

(7) UV sensor.. Problem.. No readings

(8) Automatic light sensor.. Problem.. Others having the same

(9) Comfort of use... Fantastic

(10) Skin temperature sensor.. Where is the data going.

So when others happened to write anything relating to above, I contribute and share my experience.

I think most of the posts here are relating to a negative issue rather than positive one.

I have always told you guys that thanks to B2, I am even more conscious of my activity rate.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
@Tennisguy45, To be honest you are kind of correct.. I have also reflected on my posts and most seem to carry a negative tone, however all the negative points I have put forward are the ones actually affecting my band.

(1) Charging.. I have no issues, in fact I am getting almost 48hrs.. Perfect

(2) Most calories burnt.. Problem. Mine is stuck at 799.. Doesn't matter how much calories I burn it doesn't change.

(3) Step count.. Problem. There are more than 3000 steps difference between my phone and band. However I don't know which one is accurate.

(4) Treadmill use.. Problem. Band cannot keep up with speed changes.. Other users have also noted this.

(5) GPS accuracy.... Fantastic

(6) Rubber wrist strap... Problem. Less than two months and regardless most delicate of use, very clear worn-out signs

(8) Automatic light sensor.. Problem.. Others having the same

(9) Comfort of use... Fantastic

(10) Skin temperature sensor.. Where is the data going.

So when others happened to write anything relating to above, I contribute and share my experience.

I think most of the posts here are relating to a negative issue rather than positive one.

I have always told you guys that thanks to B2, I am even more conscious of my activity rate.

Nice to see some positives in there. For the life of me I cannot figure out why you keep having so many issues.

2. Your phone or band is stuck at 799 calories? If its your band then return it for another one under warranty, something is wrong with it.

3. No step counter is accurate, this is a proven fact that can be found at any reputable source of information. They all are estimates. Your variance seems to be abnormally high but I dunno.

4. Dont use treadmills so I cannot speak to this. Band seems to do well when I am running though.

6. I play tennis, run, and lift weights. My band does not look new but the rubber is not tearing or cracking. Is yours? If not then what are you considering "worn-out"?

7. UV sensor, never tried it but I added it after reading this and will report back.

8. Auto light works well for me.

10. Skin temperature sensor? Dont see this as a listed feature.
What I do see is this, which is used internally by the band software to determine how to monitor your activities and its not something logged for us to look at.
Galvanic skin response (GSR) sensors

The GSR sensor measures the conductivity of your skin between the GSR sensor diodes under the clasp. Your Band uses this information to determine if you’re wearing it, so it can adjust how it monitors your activities.

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply,
I am only into less than 1.5 months use of the B2, and waiting at least for another 5 or six months then I will change it, most probably within next one yr MS will come out with a much improved version.

Worn out look.... B2's rubber strap is like an eraser, very high friction rubber and it tends to rubs against my long sleeve jacket.. Thus the worn out look.

Outdoor running.. YES that's my favourite and I do around 15km, however we are in the mid of winter and it was around - 2c last few days. So for the next 1.5 months.. All indoors.

I never see a glass half empty... Rather half full... However with B2... Giving me bit of headaches.. But as you can see... I haven't given up..

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

FYI I've been checking my UV meter and it works. It lets me know the UV level (today was moderate 2) and gives me tips on how long I can stay out in the sun and how often I should apply sun screen

I need to thank you for bringing that point up though because I forgot all about it and did not have the tile on my band.
Since I play a lot of tennis and run this is a pretty nice feature and very useful.

:grin:

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I think I can't totally blame B2, coz it's Winter here, assume I may have to wait few more months to get a bit more sunshine.

One other thing I forgot to add to my 10 point faults list was....

My band eat/delete steps. On multiple times I have seen... Say for example 755 if I go back to my android band App it says 600. No idea why it's happening.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
My only guess is that there is something going on between the Band and your phone.
It has to be something with either the bluetooth communication or the Android app.

Just a guess though.

Since I'm Windows 10 on my 950xl I am assuming that could be why everything seems to be working fine.

Ben Fulks

May 14, 2015
Visit site
"To find out how aspirin works fastest, researchers in Texas asked 12 volunteers to take a standard 325-mg dose of aspirin in three different ways: by swallowing a tablet with 4 ounces of water, by chewing the tablet for 30 seconds before swallowing it, or by drinking 4 ounces of water with Alka-Seltzer. Each subject tried all three methods on an empty stomach on different days. The scientists monitored blood levels of aspirin and its active ingredient, salicylate, at frequent intervals, and they also measured thromboxane B2 (TxB2), an indicator of platelet activation that drops as platelets are inhibited.

By all three measurements, chewed aspirin worked fastest. It needed only five minutes to reduce TxB2 concentrations by 50%; the Alka-Seltzer took almost 8 minutes, and the swallowed tablet took 12 minutes. Similarly, it took 14 minutes for the chewed tablet to produce maximal platelet inhibition; it took Alka-Seltzer 16 minutes and the swallowed tablet 26 minutes (see graph below)." - Source: health harvard (cant post the link becuase i dont have enough posts :angry:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital